• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Korean Tiger series

StevenDS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One talks about Korean Tiger series, other talks about  Ghana Leopard then suddenly one start talking about African Leopard  

I feel that someone needs to clean this mess 

South Korean Tiger Collection :

2018  1 oz Silver   South Korean Tiger  
2019  1 oz Silver   South Korea  Tiger 

Ghana Leopard Collection :

2017 1 oz Silver Republic of  Ghana  African Leopard

2018  1 oz Silver Republic of Ghana African Leopard

2019 1 oz Silver Republic of Ghana  5 Cedi African Leopard

Somalia African Leopard Collection :

2018 Somalia 1 oz Silver African Wildlife Leopard

2019 Somalia 1 oz Silver African Wildlife Leopard 

and there are probably 100 more others collections around :) 

3 hours ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

One talks about Korean Tiger series, other talks about  Ghana Leopard then suddenly one start talking about African Leopard  

I feel that someone needs to clean this mess 

The title says Korean Tiger series. Comments about other series are actually off topic.

Regarding the Korean Tiger series in silver, there are actually a few other you have missed the 10 oz from 2018. The 1 oz proof version and the 3 oz version of the 2019 design.

• 3 weeks later...

That premium is going to be ridiculous. The 10 oz. Chiwoos and 10 oz. Zi Sin Scrofas have massive premiums. I liked that in 2018 the 1 and 10 oz.  coins had different designs. The 10 oz. 2018 Tiger is the pride of my collection. 

The 2019 1 oz BU design must have sold very well for them to do a 1 oz proof, 3 oz BU and 10 oz BU in the same design.

The 10 oz came quite late for a 2019 coin.

I wish they would release the 10 oz 2018 design on a 1 oz coin. I would not be disappointed if that would be the 2020 1 oz version.

1 hour ago, AgCoyote said:

That premium is going to be ridiculous. The 10 oz. Chiwoos and 10 oz. Zi Sin Scrofas have massive premiums. I liked that in 2018 the 1 and 10 oz.  coins had different designs. The 10 oz. 2018 Tiger is the pride of my collection. 

The 2018 10 oz Tiger is awesome and the premium is reasonable.

Apmex still has over 1000 2019 1 ozers and send to be plenty available elsewhere, so doesn't seem like it was an overwhelming success.  I like the design, but I guess it wasn't super popular

27 minutes ago, Branman1986 said:

Apmex still has over 1000 2019 1 ozers and send to be plenty available elsewhere, so doesn't seem like it was an overwhelming success.  I like the design, but I guess it wasn't super popular

In Europe the 1 oz BU 2019 are nearly sold out everywhere.

European Mint: 4 coins

Goldsilver.be: 3 coins

Aurinum: 8 coins

Munzdachs: 9 coins

Aurinum is pricing the 10 oz 2019 same as the 10 oz 2018 at €298.

https://aurinum.de/10-oz-Silver-South-Korea-Korean-Tiger-2019

Wow, there's always such disparity between here and there.  I'd guess there are probably between 3000-5000 still available here.  We still have the Ghana Mammoths available here, too, and nobody really talked about them...

I really want to try to bring some stuff over when I come to Europe.  I'm heading to Sweden next month, I might look for things sold out there that are available here and roll the dice.

4 minutes ago, Branman1986 said:

Wow, there's always such disparity between here and there.  I'd guess there are probably between 3000-5000 still available here.  We still have the Ghana Mammoths available here, too, and nobody really talked about them...

I really want to try to bring some stuff over when I come to Europe.  I'm heading to Sweden next month, I might look for things sold out there that are available here and roll the dice.

3000-5000 would be a lot given the 20K mintage. That's 15%-25% of the total mintage, unsold in US shops.

3 hours ago, Branman1986 said:

I'm someone who loves cats and big cats and especially tigers. I still haven't bought the 2019 yet. Eventually I will but I found the design to be very underwhelming but we all have our own individual tastes. Everyone on here who bought the coin has a favorable opinion of it so it could be one of those that look much better in hand than on the computer. A tiger is a magnificent creature, to me it's much better to see the whole animal in the artwork.

3 hours ago, Branman1986 said:

Is this not to do with Premium?  I dont know if this is a generalisation on my part but I associate US with primarily stacking while the EU market is a healthy mix of stacking / collecting.  Im assuming the premium is too much for US stackers who would think I can get 15 oz's for the cost of that 10oz.  

21 minutes ago, Branman1986 said:

Possibly, but I think we invest here in semi numimsatics with decent premiums as well.  I dunno, maybe we got too much and Europe not enough?

That looks like like you may be right, I know the 2019 Chiwoo's were in short supply too over here.  GS.be sold out of them fast.  Maybe the US suppliers are hoovering up what are already low mintage coins.  I know these get snapped up by Koreans so they dont release a lot anyway outside of Korea. 

• 5 months later...

I wonder whether the Korean Tiger series will continue. SO far no 2020 design has been released. In 2019 I believe it was released in July.

With the new Korean Phoenix being released in July, I wonder whether it will replace the Tiger or just postpone the issue.

Archived