• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Korean Tiger series

StevenDS

11 hours ago, StevenDS said:

I wonder whether the Korean Tiger series will continue. SO far no 2020 design has been released. In 2019 I believe it was released in July.

With the new Korean Phoenix being released in July, I wonder whether it will replace the Tiger or just postpone the issue.

Can't imagine they'd get rid of it as KOMSCO seems committed to their limited mintage coin series.  I hope it's available soon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG.....how to screw a nice series 😞 ...... they even can't figure out the seasons ? 

On the right side, the symbolic Namsan Seoul Tower shines brightly, and the blooming azaleas and forsythias around the tiger cub signals that warm spring is near.

....even in Korea summer starts.......or....are they refering to 'spring' as in 'birth of the cubs' ??? 

.....how on earth can you start a 'mini-serie of seasons' within an ongoing series......suddenly starting with a cub....that will grow in the next releases.

Will treasure the 2018's in silver and the gold ones......allthough the 2019 1/4 oz gold not even showed up in Europe or America I believe.....for me the end of the series, unfortunately 😪

30 minutes ago, Tritoon01 said:

OMG.....how to screw a nice series 😞 ...... they even can't figure out the seasons ? 

....even in Korea summer starts.......or....are they refering to 'spring' as in 'birth of the cubs' ??? 

.....how on earth can you start a 'mini-serie of seasons' within an ongoing series......suddenly starting with a cub....that will grow in the next releases.

Will treasure the 2018's in silver and the gold ones......allthough the 2019 1/4 oz gold not even showed up in Europe or America I believe.....for me the end of the series, unfortunately 😪

Spring will probably indeed relate to cubs. So Winter will be a toothless old tiger? 😉

I don't mind the 4 seasons idea, representing the stages of life, but I do think the landmarks on top of that is a bit strange.

Didn't the Panda's have a few years of a growing cub?

oh well....they might issue a 1 oz proof, 3 oz bu, maybe even a ghost tiger.....can't figure out the releases from Komsco.....ow, I forgot, maybe a ghost tiger with chiwoo privy ?

....looks like I'm a bit pissed 😕🙃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is the explanation and a glimps on what's to come for this series. There seem to be 17 destinations. Meaning 4 coins for every season? So I guess this is a 4 year plan. Odd they didn't stop at 16 then.

image.thumb.png.67b0d8bbba4207ec58d995975516e883.png 

Archived