• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

UK first £100 for £100 silver coin... Big Ben 2015 (seriously?)

daniel.yrh

I wish I had a business that was this risk free.

Basically a license to print money isn't it since they can put whatever denomination they like

Will be a £200 coin next :ph34r:  

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe they sold out so quickly. if it had been of proof quality I might have been tempted but it looks like they are going to make numerous versions of these coins now. They even offer you the chance of registering your interest in the next coin!

I imagine there will be another out in a few mounths.

I can't believe they sold out so quickly. if it had been of proof quality I might have been tempted but it looks like they are going to make numerous versions of these coins now. They even offer you the chance of registering your interest in the next coin!

I imagine there will be another out in a few mounths.

I just ordered Murph because i couldn't really lose nothing cause of Face value 

Starting price of £100- £120 seems to be attracting a few bids on ebay, anything higher not getting much attention. With such a small amount of silver involved and fiat being what it is I think I'll give them a miss, of course the value to collectors in the long term is not to be under estimated.

A few buy it now's on for around the £170-£178 + P&P mark will depress auction prices, one auction currently at £175, surprisingly the buy it now's are probably a little under priced, if I had one I think I'd stick it on for £199 buy it now + P&P,then resort to auction if it didn't sell, a 99p start always get's the pulse going a bit.

After I read you guys saying they were sold out I went on eBay to find open auctions where you could make an offer. With tongue firmly in cheek I put in a straight offer - £100. Oddly enough it was declined!! "How very dare you..!" Well - was worth a try, as I refuse to pay more than £100! I think it was Danny that said earlier - in a nice box, maybe.

Others sold for not much more than the £100 plus postage on ebay so there is a chance you could end up out of pocket.

Looks like any that sold before the mint run out sold for less, since the mint sold out they've gone for between £155 and £175, I think these coins have crossed over to the general public as well us the likes of us, should be interesting to see what happens in the long run.

I have ordered two one for me and one for my son, we are both keeping them.

Snap.I said to my son" It will be mid Feb before your coin comes",his response "can I have yours Dad". Erm NO :lol:

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

One seller has shifted five over the last three days priced £169.97 each free p&p, still has another four to sell (ebay), must be keeping the other one for themselves assuming a round number bought. Pretty savvy move, he's had a look at the going rate and got the balance right between quick profit and quick sale, once the fast turnaround sellers are finished we might see auction prices climb a little.

I'm really shocked there are 50,000 people who wanted these 

Who are they appealing to?

Kman I bought one of this not because I like the design of it. I didn't see any risk because of face value .

In my eyes it's like if I go to some one with 2 £ 10 and swap it for one £20 note.

If it goes on price up it is a gain at least it will not go under £100

One currently in auction (ebay) at £175.01 + £4.99 p&p, the one immediately above on my screen is priced buy it now £169.97 free p&p?

The next time the voice of my inner stacker pipes up saying "it's only 2oz of silver" I'm going to ignore him.

Above auction finished at £185.95 + £4.99 p&p, be really interested to see what the price settles at in the future.

Royal mint telephoned me yesterday to tell me that they had some cancellations and I could now go ahead with my order of two coins for mid February delivery. I was number three on the reserve list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived