• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Big Hello From Me

morezone

Just want to say hello as a new collector starting out today (officially).

Many moons ago I bought a 1oz Gold Panda because being Chinese I thought it was cool.  Not long after (2005) I bought a 1kg Silver coin (Rooster - but can't remember which Mint).  That was that.

My wife's nephew recently had a child so today I bought her a 1oz Lunar Horse coin as a present.  Having also had a child 5 weeks ago I thought it was only fair if I bought one for her too.  Now, if I'm going to get a coin for my youngest then I have to get one for my eldest so went and bought a Lunar Tiger.

After much thinking and deliberation, I decided I should get a set of Series 2 Lunars for myself.  While doing some research on the lion privy I came across and American Forum which in turn lead me here.  

So here I am and on a mission to collect 1oz coins.

What I am still looking for is a list of all 1oz coins released worldwide so I can check them off as I find them.  So if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

• Founder & Administrator

Hi morezone,

welcome to the forum :)

I don't think you will find a whole list of coins eve released, as it would be no doubt huge. Are you only interested in collect current and future releases, or you want to collect every 1oz coin? And I presume you are looking to collect 1oz bullion coins, opposed to numismatic coins?

Best thing to first make a list of the different government mints, and to then check what coins each one mints / has minted in the past.

You can start your list with Perth Mint

Perth mint current issue 1oz bullion coins include:

1oz Lunar Horse 2014

1oz Lunar Horse with lion privy mark 2014
1oz Kookaburra 2014

1oz Kookaburra w lunar (horse) privy mark 2014
1oz Koala 2014

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thank you all for the great welcome.

I've managed to find a list of Mints and years on Wikipedia.  No doubt there will be some errors but it's a start.  Now I just need to backtrack and find out what 1oz Silver Bullion coins were produced for each year.  I'm going to slowly start collecting from 2014 but if a coin demands a high premium, I'll probably give it a miss.

Let the fun begin.

Thank you all for the great welcome.

I've managed to find a list of Mints and years on Wikipedia. No doubt there will be some errors but it's a start. Now I just need to backtrack and find out what 1oz Silver Bullion coins were produced for each year. I'm going to slowly start collecting from 2014 but if a coin demands a high premium, I'll probably give it a miss.

Let the fun begin.

MZ, I'd be very interested to see your list once you have had a go at it.

Stacker since 2013

Archived