• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Thinking of buying

Parcelsilver

I've no gold bars to date just coins. I'm thinking of getting the below I always fancied a cast bar. Just looking for some opinions from you guys on what you think of this bar. Would be my biggest single purchase and a large chunk of my savings. On another note I asked atkinsons if they could put the prices in Euro they said its on the to do list.

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/pamp-suisse-50g-cast-gold-bar

I quite like cast bars, but when I think about all the coins I could get instead the idea of getting one is dismissed

Mr dead on here has a cast bar or two I believe, I might try and find his thread to show you 

As HH said 50g is quite small, says the Dimensions: 33 x 19.5 x 5.3mm, still a nice little lump though  B)

Edit> here you go, mr-dead has a couple of 100g bars, can see what they look like in hand here

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/846-gold-stacker/?p=13877

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

It's a great bar but will be small.  Same size as a 25g silver bar or so.

To try and help put things in perspective before you make the plunge.  100g Silver bar so the gold will be 1/4 the size.  Next to a 10p piece.  Forgot to add the 3d element before rubbing off the lines.  Anyway, gives you a little idea of size.

post-94-0-16705000-1416869286_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-73344500-1416869290_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. I have some 2rand coins, 10 peso's, lunar horse set, eagles and just wanted a nice bar I guess. I release it is quite small though but for me I've no coins that I'm rushing out to buy a little disappointed with 2015 lunars so getting a bar has been on my mind. I won't rush it :)

Id really like a nice bar, but cant afford a gold one and cant justify the premiums on a silver one..

Keep an eye open for Atlantis Mint hand poured ingots. 

http://www.atlantismint.com/index.php/silver/hand-poured.html

There are a fair few US sellers, and some of whom will ship to the UK.

Range is being extended to increase the variety of mint marks ( dragon, tiger etc). As bars go these are as cheap as you will get.  Very tactile in the hand.

I have a fair few of the 1 oz, but this 10 oz looks the bees-knees 

post-23-0-41121100-1416910249_thumb.jpg

Great topic. I have also never bought a bar, and missed the gold price drop for a chance to buy one. But I love those Atlantis 1 oz bars! Thanks ArtgGoch - never come across Atlantis before.

Was looking at the 100g silver Metalor or Scottsdale poured, or 10 g Scottsdale Reserve bars, but I have to say in may get some Atlantis bars first!

Not many 1oz cast bars around. I love the perth mint ones but impossible to find over here.

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/images/products/Perth-Mint-1oz-Gold-Bar-Reverse-SideView-L.jpg

Not impossible if you know where to look ;)

https://autrading.co.uk/product.php?productid=16488&cat=313&page=1

p.s. go for it on the 100g poured bars, they feel great in the hand :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive purchased off them a few times and never had an issue, not as quick as atkinsons shipping but arrived within a week.

About to place an order for gold libertad with them.

Hi mr-dead,

I was mailing them about the gold Libertads as well. Did you get one? I ask, because when I probed them on what years they had they admitted they have none currently in stock - so I guess they source them from somewhere else. Also would not say what year or design, which frustrated me. Don't like paying > £800 for a lucky dip....

The Gold Libertads are not easy to get hold of, I bought one 2014 from coininvest when the spot price was higher I paid £830 for the last one.  If you guys want a Gold Libertad go onto Germany's Gold.de  would be the place to go and be prepared to spend £850.

Use the dealer list on this forum to choose a good dealer. 

Good to know Pipers.

Now , this admittedly more a case of "dreaming of buying" rather than "Thinking of buying" - but feast your eyes on this little Xmas Libertad gold selection box...

Will not be bidding myself!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381076616138?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Archived