• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

こんにちは (Konnichiwa)!

SavageStacker

Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody.  I am very excited to be joining your community and for all of the great opportunities available to me as a forum member.  Just thought I'd like to share a little about myself and my specific interests in stacking and numismatics.

First and foremost, I consider myself to be a silver and gold stacker.  I have recently made the switch over from numismatics and I enjoy collecting both government and generic bullion.  Specifically, I am drawn to Canadian Maples, American Eagles, Chinese Pandas, Australian Kookaburras and Lunars, pre-33 US gold and 90% constitutional, older gold coins that can be found near melt value, any Native American themed bar or round, poured silver and gold, and honestly so much more!  This is such a fascinating hobby to me because it combines history and collecting with investment.

I do still pick up numismatic pieces from time to time.  My collection is almost entirely made up of American and Japanese pieces. Actually, I live in Japan and therefore it's comparatively easy for me to find Meiji coins and pre-Meiji (Edo) pieces for fair prices.  I am hoping for this to be a unique offering that I can provide The Silver Forum community with and assist community members in acquiring Japanese items through trading.

I look forward to becoming acquainted with you all!

-SavageStacker

27 minutes ago, flim said:

Hi and welcome

would love to see the pictures of the hand poured silver with Japanese "stamps and letters"

do you use PayPal or Transferwise   https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/japan-welcome-to-transferwise

@flim I haven't purchased any Japanese bullion but here's a prominent dealer's website: https://www.tokuriki-kanda.co.jp/secure/english/products/goldbullion/goldEtc/order/index.shtml

Here you go. Used them in the past for bits and bobs.https://gold-ichiba.com/en/  Not so cheap but they deliver.

https://www.ishifuku.co.jp/  Tanaka, Mitsubishi Metals, etc etc...tohki. My advice is to buy bullion in your home country (use transferwise for sending funds) though and bring it over when you go home for a visit or have it sent in small packages (even if it gets tagged, the import duty is only 4%)....much cheaper than in Japan at bullion dealers. 

3 hours ago, SavageStacker said:

Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody.  I am very excited to be joining your community and for all of the great opportunities available to me as a forum member.  Just thought I'd like to share a little about myself and my specific interests in stacking and numismatics.

First and foremost, I consider myself to be a silver and gold stacker.  I have recently made the switch over from numismatics and I enjoy collecting both government and generic bullion.  Specifically, I am drawn to Canadian Maples, American Eagles, Chinese Pandas, Australian Kookaburras and Lunars, pre-33 US gold and 90% constitutional, older gold coins that can be found near melt value, any Native American themed bar or round, poured silver and gold, and honestly so much more!  This is such a fascinating hobby to me because it combines history and collecting with investment.

I do still pick up numismatic pieces from time to time.  My collection is almost entirely made up of American and Japanese pieces. Actually, I live in Japan and therefore it's comparatively easy for me to find Meiji coins and pre-Meiji (Edo) pieces for fair prices.  I am hoping for this to be a unique offering that I can provide The Silver Forum community with and assist community members in acquiring Japanese items through trading.

I look forward to becoming acquainted with you all!

-SavageStacker

I would certainly be interested in some of these Meiji if you have prices. Also if you can get 1yen Meiji at decent prices, don’t mind circulated low grades ;) 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to The Silver Forum

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived