• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**JANUARY 2019** Group Order from The European Mint

BackyardBullion

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a suspicion @cravethatcoin @BackyardBullionthat the odds are greater than 50:1 people are very happy with the group order and have been for quite some time 

As you are in an obvious minority and Don’t wish to be involved then please do not waste our time telling us that

You, as also everyone else are entitled to your own opinion

You are also entitled to be WRONG!

On 05/01/2019 at 16:05, EdNug said:

Be very careful with the 1.25 and 1.5 oz Canadian Wildlife coins - most are listed as being in circulated condition, this means they probably have milk spots or scratches on them. Fine for raw bullion but if you're a collector you could be disappointed. I've decided against them for exactly that reason @mrbearuk @OllieClem

just received a few 1.25oz  bisons from EM. Luckily they are in excellent condition considering they are graded as circulated coins. 

bisons.jpg

Will read later but my 2 cents for all this and group orders. Bare in mind no one is forcing you to do it

I dont mind waiting, i still own the silver so why should waiting a lil while longer make any difference.

Saving any money means that savings can go towards more silver. Surley the goal is to get as much silver for your buck.

Another thing is, i enjoy watching BYBs videos, doing group orders allows his channel to grow. Which i want.

Also, its nice to see what other stackers are collecting and what strategy people have with metals

We pay drastically less for our silver because we essentially do not pay VAT.

That's a way this service has been sold and it's a invalid point because anyone can order from Europe to save VAT, this order doesn't save you on VAT (as anyway can save VAT by making the order themself) it saves you some shipping costs.

I think overall people use the group order as the order process on european mint puts them off,They find it much easier to just order through the group order regardless of the savings.

But is is sooooo simple. Simply make a order, receive the price and bank details. Use TransferWise to send £ from your bank to € to their bank. Simple 20 minute process that anyway can do.

What a waste of your own time 😂😂and some of your info is completly wrong.

So I was wrong on 1 out of 6 points but I waisted my time because you can't possibly see any negative in a service you use :)

-----

BYB the fact you blocked me on your your whole channel for honest feedback on what you're doing in the form of 1 single comment is hilarious. But of course in your eyes you are providing the ultimate service and to quote you:

We pay drastically less for our silver because we essentially do not pay VAT.

This is the biggest issue I have with what you're doing. Stop marketing it as a "don't pay any VAT" service because ANYONE can order from Europe without paying VAT and without the need for you as a middle man or "agent" you like to go by. You are providing no value what so ever and putting everyone who does these group orders at RISK. This is a ticking time bomb in terms of logistics.

What exactly are you insinuating here? These orders have never been about getting a bulk discount on the prices of coins. It has always been about the collective sharing of international shipping costs. So, you are making assertions that are a) not true & b) not even applicable!

Someone asked you directly:

GRqrlgN.png

I know you have never said there is bulk discounts. I am saying your reply to his question was not honest. You could have just said straight up that at the moment we do not have a deal with the European mint for a bulk discount. Instead you make some stupid claims about being an agent, your turnover, being above board (makes 0 sense).

I communicate via the forum messaging system. The Silver Forum is SSL encrypted. In addition to that my own website and associated email is SSL encrypted. In addition to that I have 2 step verification. Nothing is ever fully hack proof of course, but come on, this is a big stretch and in my (and I would imagine many others) not a valid negative about the group order.

But to give due respect, if you have a better idea for communication (other than using Gumtree like you mentioned in another post you put up last night, which by the way is probably one of the least secure ways you can go about buying and selling Gold and Silver!!) then I am all ears.

I am glad to hear that and I stand corrected on it. So bravo to that.

Yes I sell bullion on Gumtree successfully and have done for years. But it is my bullion and 100% my risk. You are dealing with other peoples bullion so that is completely irrelevant.

OK - this is one of the downsides, I will give you that. But it is also not a big factor for many people. In fact, there are a lot of people who would vault their orders with dealers and have them shipped once every 6 months. So it is a downside, but a full blown negative? Bit of a stretch. 

Fair enough at least we agree on something.

How is this even a point you are making? You seem to be clutching for anything to moan about at this stage.....

I can argue (and you actually back this up yourself for me in this very post) that the costs of shipping are laid out very clearly such that people can calculate them just as you have done later in your post. So your point here is completely invalid. 

You claim that people are getting a easy service as they don't have to deal with TransferWise and the European Mint but at the same time using your service they have to communicate with you which is going to take more time and effort than simply ordering directly. This is my overall point.

OK, first up it is the EU Mint, not Goldsilver.be but OK....

There is indeed an extra logistical step in that myself and Mrs BYB have to organise peoples orders into individual parcels and ship them out.

The very few (and I literally mean 2 or 3 times in 400+ orders) that we have made a mistake in sending out the wrong coins, we have contacted and/or corrected as soon as we were informed or realised  the mistakes at our own expense.

I forget the names of those involved, but if you are one of those people reading this please back me up!

So, there is no additional risk to the customer because they will always get their order........

I made a typo mentioning goldsilver.be but we all know you are very close to the European Mint as you have interviewed them in person. But of course the European Mint love your service because it's free advertising and they provide no bulk discounts :)

For now it has been smooth but it's a disaster waiting to happen and when it goes wrong it's going to go very wrong. We are talking about a lot of money here and I don't doubt your honesty and your commitment but all it takes is a huge problem with delivery and you're going to have a lot of angry customer's. You also say the customer will always get their order, well they won't because you quote non-insured prices for shipping so surly some people will go with that which opens them up to loose all bullion if Royal Mail mess up. Then of course you say in your own terms of service that you aren't liable for any losses. It's only a matter of time before it goes badly wrong.

Well, clearly you know nothing about how this order works.

We do things on a weekend when the metal prices are static.

If you had bothered to read/understand how the order works perhaps your list of negatives would be considerably shorter. 

I stand corrected on that.

Yes. But you even put your biased opinion when typing this. "slightly".

You did the maths yourself. You saved £10.51 - if you don't want to save £10 then give it to some of the many people out there that do want to save £10. 

Of course, just like you blocking me on youtube because you didn't like to hear a long term subscribers opinion :)

£10 saving for a 32 oz silver order having to deal with an agent who is not liable for any losses. No thanks that is a bad deal, I will order directly and maintain full control.

--------

Good luck to you and anyone who orders. I'll be watching from a distance and hoping that it doesn't go badly wrong for anyone.

@cravethatcoin

That's a way this service has been sold and it's a invalid point because anyone can order from Europe to save VAT, this order doesn't save you on VAT (as anyway can save VAT by making the order themself) it saves you some shipping costs.

Relative to buying from the UK - that was fairly self evident......You are really clutching at straws here to have a go at me here. 

I will also add this has NOTHING to do with your original rant. 

But is is sooooo simple. Simply make a order, receive the price and bank details. Use TransferWise to send £ from your bank to € to their bank. Simple 20 minute process that anyway can do.

Any 20 minute process does not sound simple to me. 

And is it as simple as messaging me one line, "I want 25 Britannias". With the reply, OK £xxx.xx pay to my bank. 

I don't think so. 

So I was wrong on 1 out of 6 points but I waisted my time because you can't possibly see any negative in a service you use :)

Wrong on way more than 1 out of 6, but I guess you are not going to listen to reason.....

BYB the fact you blocked me on your your whole channel for honest feedback on what you're doing in the form of 1 single comment is hilarious. But of course in your eyes you are providing the ultimate service and to quote you:

It is my channel, I will do with it what I please and I do not take kindly to personal attacks where it is not warranted. It was the internet's version of shutting the door in your face. 

Seems you have found another door to poke your head into.

This is the biggest issue I have with what you're doing. Stop marketing it as a "don't pay any VAT" service because ANYONE can order from Europe without paying VAT and without the need for you as a middle man or "agent" you like to go by. You are providing no value what so ever and putting everyone who does these group orders at RISK. This is a ticking time bomb in terms of logistics.

Again, this is relative to buying from a UK dealer. Honestly, what is your point you are making here?

I know you have never said there is bulk discounts. I am saying your reply to his question was not honest. You could have just said straight up that at the moment we do not have a deal with the European mint for a bulk discount. Instead you make some stupid claims about being an agent, your turnover, being above board (makes 0 sense).

As to the reply I made to a customer. Actually it does make a difference. I am receiving literally £30,000 every 2 months from people as part of these group orders. If my business operations exceed £85,000 turnover in a year then I myself have to register for VAT and charge it on my Hand Poured Silver. 

To make sure that this does not happen the Group orders have to be run on the basis of me being an agent acting on behalf of the customer with the dealer. This way the money does not count for my business turnover. 

So actually it makes a lot of sense, not that you bothered to think about this at all. 

So my reply to that individual was 100% completely honest. I have to be able to demonstrate that I am acting on behalf of the individual. 

Exactly what you think I am not being honest about here is a bit of a mystery to be honest. 

Anything else you want to moan about? 

Have a read of all the other comments in this thread and ask yourself, could you be in the wrong here?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

18 hours ago, Johan said:

May I ask if anybody has ever had a problem ordering from European Mint? I just placed my first order from 25 x silver Brittania coins, and was excited to get a confirmation today to say they have sent out my order - but looking at the address given, they seem to have half pasted somebody else's address into mine - ending with their postcode. I will of course ring them tomorrow morning, but I'm worried as I've never dealt with them before that my money may be lost. I'm aware I paid by bank transfer, which I fear bypasses a lot of my protection. I realise this isn't really the place to ask this BYB, but am seeking some assurance I've not given a bag of silver coins to a lucky random in East London. I realise mistakes happen, but I've never had any online company do this before, and none of them were sending me precious metals! I was planning on joining the group order this weekend you are kindly organising, but have my doubts now 😕

Hope this helps calm yer nerves a little ! -

4/5 days before Christmas I placed a personal order of over £1.5K  - - I was a little perturbed when transferwise payment to the courier went straight through and the main payment appeared to sit in limbo

The reason for worrying on my part was that one of the EU mint's conditions states - Pay within 24hrs or the order may be cancelled incurring costs!

ALL I had to do was email them to explain a small delay would be incurred by Transferwise  - i sent them confirmation copy of details from Transferwise

NO SWEAT! the order landed on the  21st of December!

MORAL - Just be clear and concise in emails to them and I think you will find they will be more than helpful!

@BackyardBullion and others, you guys should really ignore future comments and arguments from -whats his name- ... This is taking the "shiny" off of the group order.  

Ignore and let it die out. I can't believe why discussions like this are started. I totally get the defense from BYB, but apparently it's not working...

I joined last year in November or something, only for 5 coins to try out and I was really pleased with it. That's all that matters. The buyers being pleased...

2 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

No. She's much more concise 😛

Had to google 🤪😂

And to save anyone else with my level of stupidity...

"concise" = adjective giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive. "a concise account of the country's history"

5 minutes ago, FFkook said:

@BackyardBullion and others, you guys should really ignore future comments and arguments from -whats his name- ... This is taking the "shiny" off of the group order.  

Ignore and let it die out

Have to agree with @FFkook  Looks like a miffed kid from youtube generation looking to  "BLEAT"! cos he's NOT allowed to play in the other "PLAYPEN"!

In an attempt to get past this ridiculousness 

I have got a whole bunch of second hand coin tubes.

They fit 39mm coins (like Britannias) and have a capacity of 20. 

£1 each for group order members (Silver coins in photos not included 😉)

25 available

Please bare in mind that if your parcel was originally going to be thin (large letter) this will increase the size to small parcel and therefore the costs too (albeit marginally) 

Let me know if you want some!

IMG_20181105_105638.thumb.jpg.eee739712a142ea302612a4a71548c42.jpg

IMG_20181105_105703.thumb.jpg.4dcb2e28a0fc4a38d91d9653a9d8e046.jpg

IMG_20181105_105627.thumb.jpg.ab452043809412a7762319d0b60ea56e.jpg

6 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

@BackyardBullionfive for me please! - do you want to add this sum to the postage that will be due or as a separate payment ??

Separate payment please, you have the details. Just shout when done. 

Good luck to all of you I have nothing else to add and no time to commit to this.

BYB I underestimated and was wrong on your agent situation. That makes complete sense so I will hold my hand up there.

I also own multiple online businesses so I am familiar with the VAT fresh-hold and the regulations that come with that.

--

As for someone asking if I work for goldsilver.be, no I don't. I am a customer of both European Mint and goldsilver.be, I have had good and bad experiences with both companies. Overall I do favour goldsilver.be in most cases. I used european mint in the past when cashing out of Bitcoin as it was one of the only European dealers to accept Bitcoin. With that said both are good options for anyone from the UK looking to order silver.

On 08/01/2019 at 03:34, HelpingHands said:

How about if somebody just wanted a couple of coins?

Also remember BYB is offering this service as a choice.  It's not compulsory.

I only order 10 or under coins at a time and it does work out cheaper than the orders I have placed myself , not only that even if it worked out the same price as ordering directly I would still order using the group order as it's a massive plus for me to get my delivery by RM special delivery rather than courier. If I'm not in to accept delivery it's easy for me to pop down and collect from sorting office but a massive pain in the arse to try and arrange a courier delivery for when I'm in.

So I'm getting my coins cheaper with a delivery service I prefer  , can't moan at that

@cravethatcoin credit the members of this forum with some intelligence , if you like the terms/ service / price  of the order then great,  if not  then you are welcome to order your coins yourself .

Archived