• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Finally, men can create "gold"

silenceissilver

OK, that's a bit a klick bait but I have put "gold" under quotation marks. The point of how this effects gold and silver is rather a potential decrease of industrial demand of both gold and silver, eventually. Although I think that's acutally a long shot from this article, but who knows.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-23/breakthrough-chinese-scientists-turn-copper-gold

All comes down to cash, is cheaper to pull the real stuff out the ground or create a manufacturing plant to produce this in sufficient quantities for industrial use + there is no mention of how much energy is pumped in to the process to get the few microns of product out.

11 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

All comes down to cash, is cheaper to pull the real stuff out the ground or create a manufacturing plant to produce this in sufficient quantities for industrial use + there is no mention of how much energy is pumped in to the process to get the few microns of product out.

That's true, they literally are talking of "sand", so it sounds like they are getting some grains out of it which indicates a huge energy need if you wanted to do this on an industrial scale.

Its cool but its not gold. If you want to make gold, all you need is buy a simple nuclear fission reactor, invent a washplant capable of handling radioactive waste to sift the gold out, and many thousands of years of time.

OR you can mine it from the ground for a fraction of the cost :P

4 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I’ve been told that I am so uptight that if I put coal up my @$$ I can make diamonds...wonder if that would also work for copper into gold?!?😋

Blackadder AND Ferris Bueller references, it must be Christmas! 

Archived