• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 proof Sovereign - 65th coronation "crown privy"

sovereignsteve

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Interesting. That may be where I might disagree about whether, in this case, it is better to slab or not. Interesting. What do others think?

don't grade anything unless you want it to keep it and it fits in with your storage method, or if it will increase the value substantially.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

57 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

grade one now and if it does not get 69/70 buy another one

have you seen any recent proofs from the RM that haven't achieved 69 or 70?

only those that you should have sent back:D

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

have you seen any recent proofs from the RM that haven't achieved 69 or 70?

only those that you should have sent back:D

come on ...........:D I am trying to make mr odun buy another one  ( not set )

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

4 hours ago, Oldun said:

Excuuuuuuuse me....my name is Ol.........dun......James...Oldun :P

To grade or not to grade the 3 coin premier set (double,single,half). That is the question ;).

Ok .... Odun 

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Prize for the most unfunny post on The SilverForum.....:rolleyes:

Odun is an amazing young and very athlete man. He is amazing in bed. A womanizer with a penis capable of all sort of wonders. He has amazing charisama and pocesses a unique ability with women. He is definitely a man who every lady need in their lives. This odun is a boss.
want my odun!!!
by xxsuperthunder March 11, 2010

Osha Ifa Rules

November 19 2013

Osha Ifa Rules for Santeros; the divine sayings from the letters (signs) of the Dilogún as well as those from the Odun of Ifa; the Ethics Code of such Odun and the Moral Commandments of Ika Fun Odun of Ifa are strongly related to a solid tradition and experience based on religious practice of Olosha, Babalosha, Iyalosha, Oluwo Osain, Oba or Oriate Babalawo and Oluo.

http://www.en.santeria.fr/tag/odun/

21 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Osha Ifa Rules

November 19 2013

Osha Ifa Rules for Santeros; the divine sayings from the letters (signs) of the Dilogún as well as those from the Odun of Ifa; the Ethics Code of such Odun and the Moral Commandments of Ika Fun Odun of Ifa are strongly related to a solid tradition and experience based on religious practice of Olosha, Babalosha, Iyalosha, Oluwo Osain, Oba or Oriate Babalawo and Oluo.

http://www.en.santeria.fr/tag/odun/

Take my good explaination :D not these  boring ones 

10 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

don't grade anything unless you want it to keep it and it fits in with your storage method, or if it will increase the value substantially.

Back to the 2018 sov thread and an answer to my question about slabbing or not.

29 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Back to the 2018 sov thread and an answer to my question about slabbing or not.

In my personal opinion, one shouldn’t hurry into grading a coin unless you want to get the “early releases” designation. 

Otherwise, it comes down to whether you want to preserve the coin in the inert case, or ease of storage, in that order.

I put ease of storage last because surely there’s a cheaper way to store coins without damaging them, but I suspect slabbing goes hand in hand with preserving+storage.

Thoughts from someone who’s never graded any coins (though I did purchase an NGC certified Longest Reigning Monarch Silver Proof Piedfort Early Releases for less than issue price).  

In my personal opinion, one shouldn’t hurry into grading a coin unless you want to get the “early releases” designation. 
Otherwise, it comes down to whether you want to preserve the coin in the inert case, or ease of storage, in that order.
I put ease of storage last because surely there’s a cheaper way to store coins without damaging them, but I suspect slabbing goes hand in hand with preserving+storage.
Thoughts from someone who’s never graded any coins (though I did purchase an NGC certified Longest Reigning Monarch Silver Proof Piedfort Early Releases for less than issue price).  
I slab mainly so that when I want to look at my coins I can easily, without opening boxes & packaging then opening capsules :)

54 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I find the early release label a total waste of money. We all know they prepare all the blanks, pop them in a machine, stick them in boxes, add certificates to them, probably in reverse order due to the first ones being on the bottom of some pile, then mix up and posted out at random.

Maybe a mint posts them direct to NGC on behalf of the dealer but these won’t have certificate numbers usually. So again I’d prefer on with OMP and certificate. A low certificate number looks nice but again means little to proof coins.

Maybe more useful for bullion coins where millions are made but for proofs, the limited mintages in themselves show its an early release. STODs sovs of 1,500 were probably all minted the same day.

Just thoughts but I’d avoid the early release MCM type efforts and only grade proofs which sadly aren’t all perfect at all.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

12 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I find the early release label a total waste of money. We all know they prepare all the blanks, pop them in a machine, stick them in boxes, add certificates to them, probably in reverse order due to the first ones being on the bottom of some pile, then mix up and posted out at random.

Maybe a mint posts them direct to NGC on behalf of the dealer but these won’t have certificate numbers usually. So again I’d prefer on with OMP and certificate. A low certificate number looks nice but again means little to proof coins.

Maybe more useful for bullion coins where millions are made but for proofs, the limited mintages in themselves show its an early release. STODs sovs of 1,500 were probably all minted the same day.

Just thoughts but I’d avoid the early release MCM type efforts and only grade proofs which sadly aren’t all perfect at all.

Oh I absolutely agree the Early Releases designation is rather questionable. In fact, I recall having a similar opinion as yours back when the 2017 SOTD Sovereign was released (I’ll see if I can find my post on it).

Really the reason I got the Longest Reigning Monarch Piedfort was not because of the Early Releases designation but because it was less than £75 or so and seemed like a great deal for such a beautiful coin, slabbed to boot.

12 hours ago, westminstrel said:

In my experience, the main reason is that early 70 graded coins achieve the silly money

Archived