• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 Rwanda Lunar Dog

HyHy

Just like to say thanks to shortstack68.  Very helpful posting the links to the German language only sites that many of us don't browse very often.  My mate is very pleased to get the dog proof and says thanks to you for the tip.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up a couple of extras at that price as well.  Give it a few years and hopefully this series will do very nicely.  Here's hoping for some really striking animals in the coming years.  Like you said, the dragon will likely be a really interesting coin when it comes out.  I'm just trying to imagine what an African interpretation of a dragon (in mosaic!!!) will look like.  Pretty wild I'm guessing.

Well I’m currently six into the hole [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] with another two offered from GS.be at €93 each but not sure should I proceed with that... Wouldn’t want to end up holding a dozen of these [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

Given that these are minted under licence,  I'm wondering if the central bank of Rwanda is given one of each?  After all, you would expect them to have a display of their bullion coin collection on the wall of their office or something similar.

Well i did end up trying twice today to buy 2 from Goldsilver.be , had them in my basket but the internet at work is so slow i missed out both times :( would have been good to carry on with the series but never mind .

3 minutes ago, Silvergun said:

Well i did end up trying twice today to buy 2 from Goldsilver.be , had them in my basket but the internet at work is so slow i missed out both times :( would have been good to carry on with the series but never mind .

Think they are releasing 2 at a time slowly throughout the day.  Keep checking

30 minutes ago, Silvergun said:

Don't give up my friend. I'm sure there will be more available during the rest of the day!

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

No, because they are only listing 2 at a time

I mean send all individual U.K. orders of 2 in one shipment and then one person can distribute them here locally 

Given that they sold out like hotcakes they don't exactly need to worry about that sort of thing.  Actually, I think the way that they seem to be letting them out in dribs and drabs is sort of fair.  A lot of their loyal customers will probably want the chance to buy one direct from a dealer and this is one way to spread them into more hands.  Bulk orders just mean ebay sellers buying the bulk of them.  Different strategy from different dealers which is fair enough.  Personally I like the fact that chards restrict certain coins to 1 or 2 per transaction.  It's a way of making sure that loyal customers and collectors get a chance.

4 minutes ago, augur said:

I mean send all individual U.K. orders of 2 in one shipment and then one person can distribute them here locally 

The sales are between customers and a registered dealer in a different VAT regime to the UK.  Sending an official sale via a third party would be fraught with liability

@augur  The point of sale has to take place in Europe on dealers margin or it attracts 20%VAT under UK rules.  If gs.be were to officially become involved with BB then that would imply that they had a UK branch in effect which would mean an additional 20% VAT.  I think for normal things it works out well with BB acting like a "club" secretary and collecting orders together but remember that he is the sole buyer officially.  He is then simply reselling as a private individual at cost which does not have to attract VAT.  It works nicely as a club but it cannot have any official connection or the VAT issue would raise it's ugly head.

9 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Just had a very snotty reply from gs.be

I asked if i managed to secure another sp dog ( which is for my brother) could i combine shipping and save the €20 post, the picture is the reply :rolleyes: 

Screenshot_20171010-163428.jpg

Eva=hired help

16 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

€20 delivery is expensive though..I usually get charged €8.95 ups from silbersammler although he threw in free delivery this time

That's pretty good of him.  I've learnt about a few more dealers to shop from with this little game that's played out over the last couple of days.  He seemed very fair on price as well so going to keep his url in my address book for the future.

37 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Tbh shes always been spot on.

If she replied to my customers like that it would be  eva= bye bye

How many brothers and sisters have u got today ? 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

57 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Just had a very snotty reply from gs.be

I asked if i managed to secure another sp dog ( which is for my brother) could i combine shipping and save the €20 post, the picture is the reply :rolleyes: 

Screenshot_20171010-163428.jpg

This made me crack up 

Archived