• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Member From The UK

Ormes21

Hi,

I started buying silver in 2013. I bought 15 1oz coins before I stopped. I wasn't a serious buyer, I just picked what coins I liked the look of. About six months into it my personal business took off and I got distracted. I didn't think about silver anymore.

Two weeks ago I was doing an eBay run, selling things around the house that I don't need anymore and decided to sell my coins. I pulled them out of the box, laid them neatly on the table and... I couldn't do it! I realised for a second time how cool silver is.

I started watching youtube videos again, subscribed to shadow stack and silver slacker. Getting myself educated for a long term investment. I won't be investing a MASSIVE amount but I think while the price is low it's a good time to buy.

I watched LOT's of videos and then Silver Slacker showed the Privateer coins in one of his videos and I really want one / eventually the whole set but at a good price. Which is one of the reasons I joined this forum, to see if anyone knows a good price for Privateer coins in the UK. Getting them to the UK from the USA ends up costing around £70 :(.

I could be heading to the USA in December so I might smuggle them back in my luggage if I don't get a good price before then.

Thanks for having me.

Andy

@Ormes21 Hello Andy and welcome to the forum!

As to the privateer rounds i don't know of an affordable place to pick them up - but they certainly are pretty sweet coins!

Also - whilst not privateer rounds there are lots of coins available from Europe - I am currently organising a group order to save on shipping

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Hi @Ormes21,

so you also slowly started to gravitate to silver stacking. I started with Scottsdale buttons a while back and then the might of the queens beast got the better of me. 

To my defence: the fight wasn't fair – I was outnumbered against the 10 of them ^_^

Thanks everyone for your replies!

@BackyardBullion I think I will be adding to that order. Currently having a glance over the website for what I will buy. This is a great thing because I was looking at ordering some coins through silver to go and paying £16 in delivery.

@augur I've looked at the beasts. What's your recommendation? I see people buying 10oz silver beasts. Are the bullion coins worth it?

@Stu Thanks, I got mixture of coins. Annoyingly a few have spotted up and tarnished even though I kept them in capsules. I guess it's something we can't avoid.

Off the top of my head I have... 1x Britannia, Australian Koala, American Eagle, Canadian Maple Leaf, Indian Buffalo, Noah's Ark, Some Eagle Coins, a few 1oz bars, 1/2 oz Great White Shark and Year of the Snake

Just now, Ormes21 said:

@BackyardBullion Oh I've watched it twice already :D. Just got to plan my attack for my order, a 10z Queens beast will blow my whole budget but I'd love to get one. Are the 2oz ones just as nice? I was thinking about getting a 2oz Lion.

The 2 oz coins are great too - but they very much are bullion coins that should be considered as long term collection type investments in my opinion. They are not the cheapest bullion coins out there but they sure are some of the nicest from the Royal Mint.

If you want a nice Queens Beast coin go for 1/4 Oz gold ? but that might blow your budget even more!

@BackyardBullion Man stop it! Lol. I've been watching Shadow stacks videos, I think that's the gold coin he's been picking up the most isn't it? They look great, definitely one to think about. Maybe I'll do one month silver and one month gold ;)

I think I'll be more of a long term collector than stacking for just weight. There's more fun in variety and no one really knows what's going to happen (do they?) or how long it will take for a big change in the market. I'd rather have variety and fun than buy lot's of the same coin as close to spot as possible. I'm not one for prepping. 

I need to learn what's good to collect. Atm there's only one coin I am thinking of buying multiples of and that is the anniversary Britannia.

1 minute ago, Ormes21 said:

@BackyardBullion Man stop it! Lol. I've been watching Shadow stacks videos, I think that's the gold coin he's been picking up the most isn't it? They look great, definitely one to think about. Maybe I'll do one month silver and one month gold ;)

I think I'll be more of a long term collector than stacking for just weight. There's more fun in variety and no one really knows what's going to happen (do they?) or how long it will take for a big change in the market. I'd rather have variety and fun than buy lot's of the same coin as close to spot as possible. I'm not one for prepping. 

I need to learn what's good to collect. Atm there's only one coin I am thinking of buying multiples of and that is the anniversary Britannia.

Yeah his channel is stacked Full of gold Queens beasts! 

You are on the right path but make sure to do your own research and form your own opinion on all of your purchases - important not to buy something because you see it lots on people's YouTube channels ?

1 hour ago, Ormes21 said:
@augur I've looked at the beasts. What's your recommendation? I see people buying 10oz silver beasts. Are the bullion coins worth it?

I'm by no means an expert and as @BackyardBullion said: you need to do your own research to find what suits your needs. 

The series just started and for the latecomers in a few years, the lion might be the most interesting as the Royal Mint will stop producing it as it moves through the series. So for the lion bullion you might find buyers prepared to pay more in the future. But if the 2oz or 10 oz will get more appreciation is anyone's guess, in particular as they might milk up. 

So getting the 1/4 oz gold proofs might be safer as an investment and if your silver remains (chemically) stable, any of it will be fine, too. But if you look at the silver just as what it is (bullion) you won't be disappointed if later you only get spot for it (which might be a lot in a few years). 

One more thing: there is a good chance that the 100 Cedis Jaguar will increase quite substantially in price. So getting one or two in the gold silver be order won't do much harm. 

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to The Silver Forum!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived