• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Proof Libertads Size And Proof Sizes In General

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

I just watches some YouTube videos of some Libertad proofs and it appears that the 2oz is a much nicer size?

The only non standard proof I have is a 1oz wedge tailed eagle, and as I have been out of the country I am yet to actual see this in person.

For those that collect the Libertad proofs and for those that collect proofs in general, do you think that a 2oz sized proof is a much nicer size than the 1oz variety?

I am thinking that if paying extra premium for a proof vs a bullion coin then maybe a 2oz sized coin would show off the extra qualities of a proof coin better, and is therefore better value for money.

A 2oz coin size doesn't fit into my collection as I am stacking 1oz, 10oz and a couple of kilo coins. But I could possibly start a new theme of 2oz proofs. Starting with a libertad.

What do you prefer, 1oz or 2oz proofs?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I think you know my answer already Chris, I have around 200  1oz proofs and they are beautiful, I have 35 2oz proofs and they are stunning,simples :D

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I think you know my answer already Chris, I have around 200  1oz proofs and they are beautiful, I have 35 2oz proofs and they are stunning,simples :D

Thanks Motorbikz, still undecided but after I have completed some other planned purchases I think I will purchase the 1oz proof liberated.

I am leaning more towards the 1oz because of consistency and also because a single 2oz coin would look lonely and I can't afford to start a whole collection of proofs right now as it would be a costly adventure.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am leaning more towards the 1oz because of consistency and also because a single 2oz coin would look lonely and I can't afford to start a whole collection of proofs right now as it would be a costly adventure.

That's the problem we all face you buy an odd coin then you have to start collecting them.I nearly sold my 2ozers about 18 months ago as I only had a couple and thought they didn't fit in with my collection,then I bought another couple of 2oz  proof kooks and that was it,I'm now hooked on 2oz proofs,kooks and lunars.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

That's the problem we all face you buy an odd coin then you have to start collecting them.I nearly sold my 2ozers about 18 months ago as I only had a couple and thought they didn't fit in with my collection,then I bought another couple of 2oz proof kooks and that was it,I'm now hooked on 2oz proofs,kooks and lunars.

Yea that is what I am scared of, getting hooked on kook and lunar proofs. When I start with proofs I will try to avoid this by starting with some proofs that don't change design each year. That way I won't have the need to collect each each.

I am thinking a proof libertad, proof ASE and proof maple would be a nice start to the world of proofs.

Discounts / Offers

Dave, that is an amazing collection!

Discounts / Offers

Not very good with camera, still learning about posting pics, put these up to show you all how collecting a couple of nice coins , turns into an obsession , but then again I would have spent my money on women and drink, and wasted the rest of it

How much would a 2oz proof cost £.

Atkinsons have a 2oz 2013 for £52.00 but the pic doesn't match up but prob a BU as no mention of proof.

Would £52.00 be an ok price for the bu version?

I haven't looked into the libertad in a while!

http://www.muenzdachs.de/epages/63784639.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63784639/Categories/Mexiko/Libertad. This German dealer (Soren ) has 2009 2oz proof at €54.95, and 2013 2oz at €99.99. 2oz bu 2013 at €44.95. He may do a deal on larger order

Dave, that says shipping only within Germany.

How do you order from them?

Cheers

Stacker since 2013

Hi, send Soeren an email. (Spelt his name wrong in first post) he speaks very good English ,no problem with communication , he accepts PayPal + 3.4% or bank transfer , and his postage rates are good , you can also order direct through site, ( with google translate as your Gide ) but better to contact direct

For those interested, Choice Bullion have a few more of the 2014 7 coin Proof sets available.  Should work out at £325 + VAT + Customs Clearance Charge.  £400 all in, there about anyway.

http://www.muenzdachs.de/epages/63784639.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63784639/Categories/Mexiko/Libertad. This German dealer (Soren ) has 2009 2oz proof at €54.95, and 2013 2oz at €99.99. 2oz bu 2013 at €44.95. He may do a deal on larger order

Thanks Dave, today I ordered the 2009 2oz proof.

Will be my first proof coin.

Now to find a suitable box for it!!!!

Stacker since 2013

No problem Danny , he's a good dealer , very reliable. If you look at the pics I posted , the boxes with the libertad bu coins ,3 sets in each, seller on ebay does custom boxes , will hold 9 2ox coins in each box. About £16.00 each from memory ,

Alliexpress or tiny deals , Chinese sellers, you will get 2 or 3 boxes, nice wood effect , with free postage , for same price as ebay. 3 week approx wait for delivery

Alliexpress or tiny deals , Chinese sellers, you will get 2 or 3 boxes, nice wood effect , with free postage , for same price as ebay. 3 week approx wait for delivery

Thanks Dave, appreciate the guidance.

D

Stacker since 2013

Last time I emailed Soeren he told me he was unable to sell coins at his listed price on his website because I was not a citizen of Germany. Has this changed?

Discounts / Offers

Last time I emailed Soeren he told me he was unable to sell coins at his listed price on his website because I was not a citizen of Germany. Has this changed?

Looks like it mate, my 2oz proof is on it's way. €9 insured tracked shipping for reference.

Stacker since 2013

Looks like it mate, my 2oz proof is on it's way. €9 insured tracked shipping for reference.

The 2009 proof looks like a really good price. The 2013 is ridiculously expensive.

Why is the 2009 2oz proof such good value or the 2013 so over priced?

I might have to buy one, though probably a 1oz and the price on that isn't so attractive in relation to the 2oz humm

Discounts / Offers

Archived