• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Auction 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle 1986 Type 1

• jackflash123 changed the title to Auction 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle 1986 Type 1

Item now up for auction. Who wants a fine example of a 1/4 oz gold American Eagle?

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Lol didn't think it was contradictory when I wrote it, but it just simply means you can't increase a bid by 1p or 99p etc. The bids need to be in increments of a £1, and you can increase a bid by any number of pounds.

I hope this makes sense and clears it up for anyone else who didn't understand, but it is after 2am at the time of writing this response to your comment so it may also seem like gibberish lol 😆

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

14 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

"No minimum or maximum Increments - bids are to be in Full Pound Denominations only please. 

Well thats a contradicting statement if ever I have seen one haha.

Nice coin btw

It also just occurred to me that because you joined the forum in Nov 2023 you probably haven't seen that many whacky auctions that have taken place on here. Other members who have been here for many years will know exactly what I mean.

We've had people try to outbid others by a single penny, and some who have set maximum Increments of £2 or £3 so a bidder could only increase the current winning bid by a small amount. So if somebody made an opening bid of £1 for an item that was worth £400 then it would take many bids for the winning bid to reach a price that was close to the sellers expectations. So when I stated no maximum or minimum Increments, it means somebody can bid whatever they want on top of the current winning bid as long as its in full pound Increments.

I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't then I give up trying to explain why I wrote what I wrote in the auction rules lol 😆 

1 minute ago, KRO said:

must be talking about  @James32and @Fenlander1obviously😀

They are definitely some of the culprits I had in mind when I wrote this comment lol. Especially that @James32 some of his shenanigans are very entertaining 🤣

All these comments on this auction thread and no actual bids yet. I'm not feeling much love for this 1/4 oz gold eagle.

May need to relist as a sales post at a super low crazy price. Or maybe I should try the BOGOF method "Buy One Get One Free"? 😆

1 minute ago, jackflash123 said:

All these comments on this auction thread and no actual bids yet. I'm not feeling much love for this 1/4 oz gold eagle.

May need to relist as a sales post at a super low crazy price. Or maybe I should try the BOGOF method "Buy One Get One Free"? 😆

Could just change starting price to 'crazy low'

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Could just change starting price to 'crazy low'

Spot price is Crazy Low. But since you're the master of the TSF I will follow your advice 😃

Just now, Fenlander1 said:

£1 to get you started.

#toosoon

#And we're off

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

£3 cause I'm special

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

My first ever £2 bid 😆 

£100

£150

£200

Thanks for the bids guys. For clarification @James32 have you submitted a £200 bid or a £2 bid. You've got me confused.com good sir so well done for that lol 😆 

Edited by jackflash123
Typo

1 minute ago, James32 said:

£250

£300

Wow I guess @James32 is getting serious here! Thanks for the bids gents 😃

1 minute ago, Fenlander1 said:

He is old 

He may be old but hes young at heart ❤️ 

Lol 😆 🤣 

Just now, Sovhead said:

£360

Thanks for your bid!