• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average price for a generic Vic shield sov?

13 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Hi there

Maybe a easy question for some but I want to know what should I expect to lay for a Victoria full sovereign shield back EF condition?

D

Bog standard worn bullion ones from 1850 onwards are about £430-£450 an EF one will be more dates etc come into play as well.

Edited by Sovhead
Typo

If you want an EF common date you will be looking at £470-480
A scarce low to mid £500's, a rare will be around £600
This is for ungraded, you can increase that by £50-150 for a graded AU58-MS61 common year, once you get to MS62 the costs will rise sharply

19 minutes ago, Orpster said:

If you want an EF common date you will be looking at £470-480
A scarce low to mid £500's, a rare will be around £600
This is for ungraded, you can increase that by £50-150 for a graded AU58-MS61 common year, once you get to MS62 the costs will rise sharply

Very good assessment there.

I paid £620 for an MS62 in December 2021 (1871)

And £526 for an MS61 in February 2022 (1860)

Edited by Sovhead

Just now, Dankanugget said:

Many thanks

Other will chip in but imo that’s what I think I have a couple of 58’s and they’re very similar.

8 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

IMG_9551.thumb.png.dbe623933753111b421bae61d3efc610.pngLooking at eBay the lowest price you’ll get an MS62 shield Sov for now would be about £900 would you agree @Orpster?

You could get an 1871/1872 or similar super common year for less and you can pick them up for lower prices off eBay, but not by much

5 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

64AD072A-A73E-4B03-8567-4F0AFF42DF8C.jpeg

F93013E7-624B-42CD-A538-5636206B5D0D.jpeg

What do you say this is for wear rating?

aVF (ish), there is a fair bit of wear on the high points, so low AU.
I would also want a picture of the rim at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock as it looks like there may be small damage on the obverse
I would sell that at bullion myself - around £430

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

aVF (ish), there is a fair bit of wear on the high points, so low AU.
I would also want a picture of the rim at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock as it looks like there may be small damage on the obverse
I would sell that at bullion myself - around £430

Thanks for the input 

8 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

A3DB88AC-3ED9-474C-AACD-5FCE4BBB24BD.jpeg

4E3BE01E-DD38-4B70-8F81-EF210D32073A.jpeg

The best pictures I could get

Yea I would say £430-440.  I don't think it has been mounted, not seeing any hairlines but the high points are worn and its a common date

2 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Yea I would say £430-440.  I don't think it has been mounted, not seeing any hairlines but the high points are worn and its a common date

Ok many 🙏

Just now, Dankanugget said:

Ok many 🙏

Your pricing is accurate 

Depends on condition really. I'd pay a good £1500 for any MS63, and I think MS62 will see their £1500 days pretty soon. A generic example more like spot, really. Some people might add £20~30 on an AU58, I think in British terminology nEF. EF and gEF roughly translate to MS60-61 (maybe £600?). Those tend not to go as wild as MS62 or 63. MS65 in any year will go crazy...

Or you could have rare dates and varieties. The 1841 being the rarest I've seen VF examples going for £6000+.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.