• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Christmas gifts

2 minutes ago, iacabu said:

I gave silver to my nephews. 

My son has a few grams of gold and some silver already (20 months old) and will continue to add to that. Gave him a few quid in premium bonds this Christmas though 

Premium Bonds! I never even considered that & they were the in thing many years ago. 

6 minutes ago, MickB said:

My missus bought me an Isle of Man half sovereign for Christmas but I never bought anyone any gold.

Beauties, i’ve a 1973 and want more of them 😁

6 hours ago, MickB said:

My missus bought me an Isle of Man half sovereign for Christmas but I never bought anyone any gold.

I bought some for my Mrs. and it turns out that folks don't trust foreign gold here in Indonesia because it's far more likely to be fake and it's too hard to verify.  There are some local vendors including a SOE called Aneka Tambang that sell into the Sharia savings market.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

I gift gold to family at Christmas. This year it was the 5g Royal Mint bars, half of which showed up on the 29th December and the other half is due sometime in January. They were ordered on the 24th November!! 

In previous years I've gifted sovereigns. I gifted a 1oz piece once but never again 😂

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

28 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I gift gold to family at Christmas. This year it was the 5g Royal Mint bars, half of which showed up on the 29th December and the other half is due sometime in January. They were ordered on the 24th November!! 

In previous years I've gifted sovereigns. I gifted a 1oz piece once but never again 😂

I’d like to become an honorary member of your family 🤣

I’ve gifted gold bullion coins to nieces’ and nephew’s wedding varying from 1/4 to 1/2 troz China Panda (depending on Au spot at the time). 

For my daughter’s wedding, I gave her a silver six pence dated 1885 (she was born 1985) for her shoe at the wedding. And gave her and my son-in-law a 1 troz Au China Panda.

For my grandkids:

I gave the oldest a proof Sovereign with his birth year and 1 troz Au Canada Five Blessings coin.

and his younger twin siblings (girl and boy) 1/4 troz bimetallic Au/Pt Angel & Noble from IoM (Pobjoy Mint) and 1 troz Pt US PF Eagle & 1 troz Au Australia Year of the Monkey.

Edited by trozau