• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign premiums

Shuaib121

Don't forget to keep an eye out for price breaks for buying more than one at a time. It can be really tempting to get one on it's own as soon as you have the money, but it can work out a reasonable amount cheaper sometimes to save up and buy a few at a time.

Edited by GBStacking
Typo

Just now, 17RSB said:

How common is it to get 3% as the compare section shows 4%+ 

That's dealers bud, on here extremely common. Just stick to very established members and you're effectively buying their reputation also.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's dealers bud, on here extremely common. Just stick to very established members and you're effectively buying their reputation also.

Thanks James I will have to be quick on the for sale section as they go very quick from what I have seen.

Are there any regulars who sell sovs you could namedrop (if allowed)? 

1 minute ago, 17RSB said:

Thanks James I will have to be quick on the for sale section as they go very quick from what I have seen.

Are there any regulars who sell sovs you could namedrop (if allowed)? 

Or put up a Wanted post and the amount you're willing to pay... you'll get a few responses

Just now, 1stsovereign said:

Hi,

I am selling sovereigns at present at 2.5% over gold which roughly is £386/sovereign plus postage cost £8 on the top 

However because it is too close to Christmas I am not selling anything until 3rd of Jan.

After that there will be a lot of goodies available!

Very best 

Adrian 

Any Shields (half/full) going to be available?

Buy high. Sell low.

16 minutes ago, 1stsovereign said:

Hi,

I am selling sovereigns at present at 2.5% over gold which roughly is £386/sovereign plus postage cost £8 on the top 

However because it is too close to Christmas I am not selling anything until 3rd of Jan.

After that there will be a lot of goodies available!

Very best 

Adrian 

I will defo be interested in this 

Thanks

I think + £10 over spot is a good deal on sovereign. Which is roughly +3.5% premium.

Also worth noting that quite often, the brand new sovereigns sold by dealers can often be sold online at roughly the same price than the best value ones. Even cheaper at times! Because they are the kind of their key selling products.

So if you are not looking for specific monarchs (Georges V, Victoria old head, etc…) and just want the best price, keep an eye on the brand new ones of the current year (current the King Charles III coronation gold sovereigns). You can often get them cheaper than Best Value sovereigns at a better price than Best Value ones. Especially if buying them in quantities and benefiting from the bulk discount as mentioned by @GBStacking