• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Collection of nineteen German .625 Silver 5 Deutsche Marks, all different designs.

Nice numismatically collectible coins in excellent grades, very little toning evident.
Total weight 213g, (4.28 Troy ounces of fine silver).
£87 including 2nd Class Signed For (covered up to £50), or £93 including Special Delivery.

Picture 1 of 5

Picture 2 of 5

Picture 3 of 5

Picture 4 of 5

Picture 5 of 5

Edited by Earthmetal

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, Earthmetal said:

Total weight 213g, (4.28 Troy ounces of fine silver).

Just now, GodsMoney said:

Hi mate, can i just clarify this is a Total weight of 213g/6.84Toz, so 133.13g/4.28Toz fine?

Although they have sold it seems. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Apologies for posting on a sales thread and it not being directly relevant to a sale.  I just thought it was worth pointing out as a heads up , the £50 insurance on Royal Mail 2nd class won't cover collectables/coins/prescious metals as I have found out in the past.

The only one where the insurance is valid is special delivery.

All the best,

Chris.

1 minute ago, chris2982 said:

Apologies for posting on a sales thread and it not being directly relevant to a sale.  I just thought it was worth pointing out as a heads up , the £50 insurance on Royal Mail 2nd class won't cover collectables/coins/prescious metals as I have found out in the past.

The only one where the insurance is valid is special delivery.

All the best,

Chris.

Thanks for pointing that out, 'money' & precious metals fair enough, but collectibles, are you sure about that? It's an odd thing as how would they define a collectible?
Personally I'd be claiming £50 for a bag of washers/metal discs/doodads.

23 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Thanks for pointing that out, 'money' & precious metals fair enough, but collectibles, are you sure about that? It's an odd thing as how would they define a collectible?
Personally I'd be claiming £50 for a bag of washers/metal discs/doodads.

Sorry, my mistake, my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be.......  Actually that's a lie, it's never been great to start with.

Should have said " valuables" rather than collectibles.

"Our definition of valuables (money and jewellery)

Any item that is:

i) precious metal that has been manufactured in such a way as to add value to it, including coins used for ornament;

ii) ingots;

iii) diamonds and precious stones;

iv) watches the cases of which are made wholly or mainly of precious metal; and

v) articles similar to any of those referred to in i) - iii) above with an intrinsic value.

vi) Coins & Bank notes of any currency that are legal tender at the time of posting;

vii) Postal Orders, cheques and dividend warrants uncrossed and payable to bearer;

viii) Unused postage and revenue stamps and National Insurance stamps; Exchequer bills, bills of exchange, promissory notes and credit notes; Bonds, bond coupons and any other investment certificates; and 

ix) Coupons, vouchers, tickets, tokens, cards, stamps and other documents that can be exchanged in whole or in part for money, goods or services."

21 minutes ago, chris2982 said:

Sorry, my mistake, my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be.......  Actually that's a lie, it's never been great to start with.

Should have said " valuables" rather than collectibles.

"Our definition of valuables (money and jewellery)

Any item that is:

i) precious metal that has been manufactured in such a way as to add value to it, including coins used for ornament;

ii) ingots;

iii) diamonds and precious stones;

iv) watches the cases of which are made wholly or mainly of precious metal; and

v) articles similar to any of those referred to in i) - iii) above with an intrinsic value.

vi) Coins & Bank notes of any currency that are legal tender at the time of posting;

vii) Postal Orders, cheques and dividend warrants uncrossed and payable to bearer;

viii) Unused postage and revenue stamps and National Insurance stamps; Exchequer bills, bills of exchange, promissory notes and credit notes; Bonds, bond coupons and any other investment certificates; and 

ix) Coupons, vouchers, tickets, tokens, cards, stamps and other documents that can be exchanged in whole or in part for money, goods or services."

Yes that's more like it. Pretty sure a WW1 medal wouldn't fall into those categories, they're sold on Ebay every day and they're Sterling silver.
As I said, I personally wouldn't call them coins, they'd be 'medallions', 'titanium discs' or something.

Just now, AaaGee said:

Whats a doodad?

It's like a thingamybob but a bit smaller.

9 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Ah,was looking for slightly bigger. Thanks for letting me know 👍

Bigger than a doodad? That's be a whatjamacallit.

5 minutes ago, GodsMoney said:

not at all mate  its survival of the fittest/ least ditheriest out here

I do have some more 5 Mark coins and also lovely 10 Mark coins but have given @iacabu first refusal. You're next on ze list. :)

@GodsMoney @AaaGee
Here's the rest of the 5 Marks, 26 in all. £4.42 each. Plus postage.
Followed by the 10 Marks which are £6 each (basically spot + 0% premium!)
The 10 marks are Olympic celebration coins, they made a number of designs, but where on the 5 Marks each design was only made by one mint, with the 10 Marks each mint (they have 4) made every design, making them more collectible as you need four of each design to complete a set. Hope that makes sense.
The 10 Mark weights vary but are around 15.53-15.68g.

All these are .625 silver, To give you an idea of how collectible they are, I've just sold a load of cupro-nickel 5 Mark coins  for £2 each!

DSCN6025.thumb.JPG.471d7d2a27256b21b4f9406b7c7e81be.JPGDSCN6024.thumb.JPG.4f2a7cd0b91f3be000bc85af9c4fa270.JPGDSCN6023.thumb.JPG.7db5968bfac448dd25f62ca3bddf413e.JPGDSCN6022.thumb.JPG.49acfc832a32321fa6b54310fda1ea7e.JPGDSCN6021.thumb.JPG.b73e53648ef2b8bbb66f1fcb193c6768.JPGDSCN6020.thumb.JPG.4e19d2bcf6c4d69152a67d6932781afc.JPGDSCN6019.thumb.JPG.7ff5059df3423164b4a6dc393cd83ecc.JPGDSCN6017.thumb.JPG.fdbc02f089df221c02fb4edf5475f098.JPGDSCN6016.thumb.JPG.095190a5703144110d672f8a8f868cd7.JPGDSCN6015.thumb.JPG.98b6375bc0f61142f0df1744ac0ad876.JPG

Edited by Earthmetal

Edited by Earthmetal
Error

6 hours ago, GodsMoney said:

not to worry 😂 lovely coins!

More added :)