• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 10oz Silver A-Mark Bar REDUCED £230 incl RMSD

• PhilOdgny changed the title to 10oz Silver A-Mark Bar £238 incl RMSD
18 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

ump ... if anyone has advice on how this listing could attract more interest it would be welcome

I think it is a good listing and can only suggest the obvious - price reduction ftw. Sorry mate. I have a buying price which is spot plus 20% including delivery (£225.72). Others may pay more ofc.

Edited by artalien

5 minutes ago, artalien said:

I think it is a good listing and can only suggest the obvious - price reduction ftw. Sorry mate.

Thanks and price reduction is always a draw ;-)  What does anyone think is a fair price?

Edited by PhilOdgny

9 minutes ago, artalien said:

I think it is a good listing and can only suggest the obvious - price reduction ftw. Sorry mate. I have a buying price which is spot plus 20% including delivery (£225.72). Others may pay more ofc.

PM'ing you

12 minutes ago, James32 said:

Tbh your listing is perfect and price completely fair with post included. Unfortunately it's an extremely quiet market currently, has been for a few months now. The only other thing you can try is to offer to post first to established members. I personally wouldn't advise lowering much further, as said it's fair as it is.

Thanks for the feedback.  I might consider an approach from established members to post first if they are respectful and not taking advantage.

10 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I might consider an approach from established members to post first if they are respectful and not taking advantage.

Just read any prospective buyer's feedback and make sure they have substantially more than you ( otherwise no point

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

Just read any prospective buyer's feedback and make sure they have substantially more than you ( otherwise no point

That's not really very helpful ... how does one get feedback if not through transactions and if you say the feedback is too low then how do you get the greater feedback?

Just now, PhilOdgny said:

That's not really very helpful ... how does one get feedback if not through transactions and if you say the feedback is too low then how do you get the greater feedback?

By doing as I suggest, I've done it with 5-10 feedback, I've also done it with 700 feedback to prove a point, if I can ask for postage first then I can just as easily offer the service. You won't have to do it forever, just to build a foundation. But only if you're comfortable.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

21 minutes ago, James32 said:

By doing as I suggest, I've done it with 5-10 feedback, I've also done it with 700 feedback to prove a point, if I can ask for postage first then I can just as easily offer the service. You won't have to do it forever, just to build a foundation. But only if you're comfortable.

Yes, I completely understand the point you are making about taking a hit early on and persevering.  However, what you said was:

"Just read any prospective buyer's feedback and make sure they have substantially more than you ( otherwise no point"

and the "otherwise no point" was a kind of "just avoid at all costs" kind of statement that would discourage other buyers and hamper the seller from building the necessary feedback.  Your comment was effectively "avoid this seller at all costs" and coming from someone with your considerable reputation it has a great power.  I credit you with more nous and experience here than to make this comment flippantly ... so I am curious why you would do so sir?

I am an honest man trying to do a trade and build a reputation.  My previous sellers to me and hopefully artalien as my first buyer in the coming days will contest to that.

Edited by PhilOdgny

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Wow you have seriously missed the point of my comment, I was saying to you that unless any prospective buyer had substantially more feedback than you, don't go to the bother of posting first as it would make zero sense on your part. I've only tried to help you with another option to achieve a sake, I will stay out of it now though as you are picking me up wrong. no offence meant and was miscommunication tbh. glws

Fair enough, your comment was perhaps somewhat ambiguous as to meaning then from different perspectives. Thankyou and hope to do some deals in the future with you  under clear communication conditions 🙂

17 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

I am an honest man trying to do a trade and build a reputation.  My previous sellers to me and hopefully artalien as my first buyer in the coming days will contest to that.

For transparency purposes me and @PhilOdgny have a deal for one bar but unfortunately cannot complete the process till around 08 or 09 Nov. I will ofc update TSF as to the result. Trust is really priceless isn't it ....

4 hours ago, PhilOdgny said:

Bump ... if anyone has advice on how this listing could attract more interest it would be welcome.

Good looking bars but unfortunately it’s the price. I just paid £219.50 plus SD for a Canadian. Maybe if you remove them and re-list if the price of silver rises.