• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

✨ Auctions ... How do we raise exposure?

Panda6Pack

For those of you who follow me, you'll know I'm facing some family issues back at home, which are making me refocus my priorities and I am having to scale down my precious metals collection. 

I've been running auctions non stop now but am noticing very little participation. Auctions have been closing well below my cost  and market value and the same few (which are very much appreciated) are winning these auctions. At this point I'm taking a loss on most auctions. 

How do we get more people on the forum to participate?  

I thank you all in advance for your assistance. 

as an example ... 

Edited by Panda6Pack

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away. 

It might not just be exposure, the markets have slowed some what and I think the PM's spot price falling at the moment are encouraging folk to hold on until it looks like a bottom is in.

Having said this, have you advertised your auctions on you tube? or reached out to other silver forum members with channels to see if they are willing to promote your auctions? I get the feeling TSF community may pull together and help get some eyes on your auctions? Just a thought

1 minute ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

there is no way to place a maximum bid on this site you have to keep returning here to check your bid, people forget and /or away from their screen at the close. On eBay, you can place your max bid and forget about it.   just my 2p worth

This is true ... the best way to translate that for these auctions is to accept commission bids. Not sure if TSF rules allow for that. I'll check. 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away. 

Silver prices are down with a few sellers sonwhow managing to sell at crazy low prices. Great for those stacking but obviously not for those selling. I used to bring In lovely usa premium items but got to the point last year where I was breaking even at best so now I don't do it anymore. Just bring in stuff for my own collection. Occasionally have a couple extras but rarely get any interest on listings. It's not the auctions just people not paying the premiums these days. They want cheap cheap cheap  

These particular items sold for aprox spot plus 26% plus post, thats where the market's at for used bullion, little fomo or supply chain issues now. I would agree people skirting VAT doesn't help with premiums.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Speaking in Canadian dollars here (CAD) with no VAT attached.

If I see spot price of silver at $30 an ounce and a dealer is offering a 10 ounce bar for $360 ($36 per ounce), then as a seller of a similar/same 10oz silver bar, I would list the bar at $330. This keeps the price attractive as it is below what the dealer would sell it for and you won't lose your shirt by selling it below spot price. Just my thoughts @Panda6Pack

35 minutes ago, Junior said:

Whatever products you are trying to sell to generate some cash, see what dealers are selling it for and go slightly below their cost.

That can work sometimes - But I need to be mindful of my own cost. I need to watch other sellers who are "skirting VAT" as was mentioned above. As I buy legally with VAT (when coming from overseas), It makes most auctions a loss for me. So sales posts it is. Lot slower, but it is what it is.