• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is Palladium worth adding to the stack?

Hello all,

So I just picked up a 1g bar of palladium, mainly just so I could see what all the hype is about & I thought it would make an interesting video. 

What are peoples thoughts on palladium as an investment & do any of you have it in your stack?

Edited by 365DaysofSilver

You can buy it second hand though dealers to reduce the premiums via the VAT-margin scheme, and it has come down in price a lot recently. Not for me, but could be useful for some diversification.

As others have mentioned though, I think it would be difficult to sell quickly other than to a dealer, it is a significantly smaller market.

I have a few palladium eagles (US mint coin) which is a beautiful coin, but I doubt they would go for much over spot.  Palladium seems to be very volatile due to its primary use in the automotive industry.  Right now it’s back to 2019 levels and showing no signs of a big recovery.  

At least you’re looking while the price is down and not chasing a ride up

6 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

I have a few palladium eagles (US mint coin) which is a beautiful coin, but I doubt they would go for much over spot.  Palladium seems to be very volatile due to its primary use in the automotive industry.  Right now it’s back to 2019 levels and showing no signs of a big recovery.  

How much did you pay for the 1oz coin if you don’t mind sharing?

7 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

Also I’d love to see a photo of them!

8 hours ago, Sc391 said:

@365DaysofSilver I paid anywhere from $1300 to $2200 USD.  The photos aren’t too good, but it’s a classic design and I have them in a burnished finish, proof, and reverse proof.  

They used the design off of the old mercury dime - one of my favorites of all time.

IMG_1140.jpeg

IMG_1141.jpeg

Thanks for sharing, they look great!

It might be fun to collect a 1g bar but i wouldn’t get anything bigger. Not even a tenth. If i wanted exposure to palladium, I’d get an etf. The problem is you can’t buy physical when the price drops like a stone and you cant sell when the price spikes. I seem to remember when morezone was selling his stack, he had to sell his palladium 1oz for £200 under spot because spot was high at the time.

16 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

If you want to go on the expensive precious metals list @365DaysofSilver (like palladium) have a look at Rhodium coins another rare earth metal coin. They are sold but aint cheap! 

https://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/buy-rhodium

https://online.kitco.com/buy/31032/Rhodium-1oz-Baird-Co-Rhodium-bar-999-31032

I’ve actually been trying to find a 1g Rhodium bar, but it’s proving a very difficult task!

1 minute ago, 365DaysofSilver said:

I’ve actually been trying to find a 1g Rhodium bar, but it’s proving a very difficult task!

Be better off looking for rocking horse dung mate for ya rhubarb. More likely to find it. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454