• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Looking for information on Virgin island $30 silver 2019 pegasus proof diamond 5oz silver coin

HOLDON

Looking to Auction this item but can seem to find any information on it, 

It appears to be quite rare with a $30 face value and a diamond set into the coin

If there is anyone who can help with information on this item it would be appreciated

ThanksIMG-4349.thumb.jpg.b520dd84fe1e3fa9d188edb2469fbf08.jpgIMG-4348.thumb.jpg.a0c7d65f3b20601097526c88a76b568e.jpgIMG-4347.thumb.jpg.5d10752c3532072fce3819b55cd9a9c5.jpgIMG-4346.thumb.jpg.1478c359d6e1ce3688c9c89e94f75775.jpgIMG-4345.thumb.jpg.aa5103772c953e7abe0f62bf42f7d532.jpg

Hi.

If you have the certificate, you don't need any more informations. There are written already the facts: weight, purity, year of issue, denomination, country, mintage.

I have seen many coins issued by Pobjoy Mint or Jubilee Mint which are not recorded in Numista or NGC catalogues. Probably someone is lazy there and not reporting further their limited edition coins.

Usually they sell at a high premium their coins having very good marketing strategies, but after few years the buyers are struggling to sell them because the collector's interest is low.

You can try an auction on here, but don't expect to have too many bidders or to see the final price higher than £24-£25/oz. 

Cheers!🤗

13 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Hi.

If you have the certificate, you don't need any more informations. There are written already the facts: weight, purity, year of issue, denomination, country, mintage.

I have seen many coins issued by Pobjoy Mint or Jubilee Mint which are not recorded in Numista or NGC catalogues. Probably someone is lazy there and not reporting further their limited edition coins.

Usually they sell at a high premium their coins having very good marketing strategies, but after few years the buyers are struggling to sell them because the collector's interest is low.

You can try an auction on here, but don't expect to have too many bidders or to see the final price higher than £24-£25/oz. 

Cheers!🤗

What about the diamond? Must add hundreds, Shirley?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

17 minutes ago, James32 said:

What about the diamond? Must add hundreds, Shirley?

Nope, Bert!...

If would be written on the certificate the weight of the diamond, maybe it would add some few pounds on top. Because It is not specified, I presume it is cubic zirconia.

Look at some proper certificates with specifications of the stones:

image.thumb.png.1779bdb8ae7cb248bc44b872c66ecf6f.png

image.thumb.png.560ca73e28832ce1c2ba5cc71c030874.pngand

image.thumb.png.1721bb8ee625fd65c85bc34fced9ce3d.png

The last picture is intellectual property of @DuncanWylieWilson.

The first two pictures are downloaded from Ebay, property of she1041.

55 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Hi.

Cheers!🤗

@HOLDONI’d agree with this random chap who ever he is.. but maybe £30 if you get someone particularly interested in this particular coin 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

21 hours ago, stefffana said:

Nope, Bert!...

If would be written on the certificate the weight of the diamond, maybe it would add some few pounds on top. Because It is not specified, I presume it is cubic zirconia.

Look at some proper certificates with specifications of the stones:

I don't quite agree that just because the weight of the stone is not specified on the certificate, it is not diamond. That would be quite irresponsible from the mint to claim the coin is set with diamond while applying cubic zirconia instead. They are two chemically different types of stones, albeit with similar appearance.

Granted, it is most likely synthetic diamond and hardly of any significant value, but still a diamond. And where it is even set on the coin by the way - I assume it is that triangle to the right of Pegasus?

2 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

I don't quite agree that just because the weight of the stone is not specified on the certificate, it is not diamond. That would be quite irresponsible from the mint to claim the coin is set with diamond while applying cubic zirconia instead. They are two chemically different types of stones, albeit with similar appearance.

Granted, it is most likely synthetic diamond and hardly of any significant value, but still a diamond. And where it is even set on the coin by the way - I assume it is that triangle to the right of Pegasus?

Probably you are right.😊

Screenshot_20230830-130612.png

1 minute ago, HOLDON said:

Yes the diamond is on the top right of the Pegasus, I ended up emailing the mint and I have attached the details for anyone interested

The NEW 2019 Pegasus Fine Silver Proof Diamond-Set 5oz Coin (2366).docx 130.29 kB · 1 download

Please tell me you didn't pay £495?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip