• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rare £50 note found in charity shop by schoolboy

Abyss

21 hours ago, Abyss said:

In my news feed this article spiked my interest.... In 1876 1 troy oz Gold worth £4.24 could have purchased 11.79 Troy oz worth of Gold and in current GBP £17,802. The morale of the story hold onto the Gold not the paper money issued by a bank.....

https://www.measuringworth.com/datasets/gold/result.php?london=on&year_source=1718&year_result=2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cj5n679eml2o

A rare £50 note dating back to the 1800s was discovered by a schoolboy in a charity shop

The Norfolk student, 17, was helping out during a school field trip

After some research he managed to sell the note at four times its face value

The money went back to the charity

c58c0fa0-3786-11ee-92a8-9d94078a362d.jpg.webp.055eb4cbedcd810c7b637ec3cce50577.webp

I haven't looked at my late brother's note collection for a while but I'm sure he had one or two of this type of note in there, I will have to have a look now 🤣

Essex bank chelmsford.  if only that still existed.  imagine what those notes would look like .   van outen on the reverse of a peroxide blonde score