• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Morgan & Peace Dollars

@thegreywizard re high mintage of US coins - I am certain that is a factor in the rising U.S. demand for UK coins.  The coronation issues were a prime example.  Coronation proof sovs at 15,000 mintage would be unimaginable in US - a millisecond sellout. 
 I hope RM doesn’t dramatically adjust their business model to satisfy US demand.

7 hours ago, tpcob303 said:

There is some dust on the capsule, but it's a clean strike, nothing wrong...with the only potential problem can be milk spots appearing in the future but it looks good right now so hopefully the Morgan will arrive in the same condition and grade an easy 70. The coin capsule had come out of place but no damage to the coin. 

16917855170941475361184416622499.jpg

Looks great!  Lets see the other side!

I have mine scheduled for delivery tomorrow and then the other one on Monday.

These look great and an amazing collection to my proof collection.

I hope they give us some silver proof buffalos next.  That would be awesome.

19 hours ago, thegreywizard said:

Looks great!  Lets see the other side!

I have mine scheduled for delivery tomorrow and then the other one on Monday.

These look great and an amazing collection to my proof collection.

I hope they give us some silver proof buffalos next.  That would be awesome.

16918851227676442884185679604313.jpg

42 minutes ago, Minted said:

Yeah, but importing them to the UK adds 20% VAT sadly.  Plus $20 shipping.  Makes them unviable for me.  I wondered if any were being sold by dealers in the UK but it looks like they aren't.

The subscription option says free shipping. There's bound to be a T&C somewhere that says that applies to domestic shipping only, but I can't find it anywhere...

4 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

@SilverJacks: If you subscribe you would get free shipping. I'm located in Canada and I got free shipping. Normally without subscription I pay around $22 per shipment.

Interesting. That gives reason to be optimistic, although I’m not sure it would apply to overseas shipping…

What would really be nice, is if we could dodge the 20% vat…

On 13/08/2023 at 16:54, Minted said:

Yeah, but importing them to the UK adds 20% VAT sadly.  Plus $20 shipping.  Makes them unviable for me.  I wondered if any were being sold by dealers in the UK but it looks like they aren't.

I paid absolutely zero import tax or duty, which was oddly surprising. I had money at the ready to pay whatever I had to pay and they just arrived with no demand for duties. I have noticed this difference only when buying direct from a sovereign mint and importing to Germany that I never have to pay duties from either Royal Mint or US Mint. As I was picking up the coins from the UK instead of where my home is in Germany I'm not sure if there was any bill sent to Germany. 

2 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

I paid absolutely zero import tax or duty, which was oddly surprising. I had money at the ready to pay whatever I had to pay and they just arrived with no demand for duties. I have noticed this difference only when buying direct from a sovereign mint and importing to Germany that I never have to pay duties from either Royal Mint or US Mint. As I was picking up the coins from the UK instead of where my home is in Germany I'm not sure if there was any bill sent to Germany. 

That is odd.  Is the duty & VAT normally different for importing to Germany than importing to the UK?  Also wonder whether you should declare them at the port when you return to Germany?  I've got no experience in that area, just interested.

43 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

I paid absolutely zero import tax or duty, which was oddly surprising.

I have had 2 deliveries from the US Mint to Austria so far, the 1st one came without any customs payment, what was quite surprising, as shipments from the RM are always taxed, even sometimes the gold, what is certainly "not right". But the second delivery from the US Mint was taxed "as usual". If I'm not mistaken, the shipments from the US were effected by the UPS, that's probably why they "overlooked" the 1st shipment. Also, unlike local post, which demands customs payment on delivery, the UPS sends later the invoice to be paid. 

1 hour ago, Minted said:

That is odd.  Is the duty & VAT normally different for importing to Germany than importing to the UK?  Also wonder whether you should declare them at the port when you return to Germany?  I've got no experience in that area, just interested.

I'm bringing them back in my hand luggage, if they want to charge me they can try, but I will be walking straight past the items to declare area at customs and walking through nothing to declare. German customs/zoll well they do everything by the book but I was once facing a huge charge of items I had purchased only to have them sent as "gift" and as each individual item was under a certain value they let me go with no charge. 

38 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I have had 2 deliveries from the US Mint to Austria so far, the 1st one came without any customs payment, what was quite surprising, as shipments from the RM are always taxed, even sometimes the gold, what is certainly "not right". But the second delivery from the US Mint was taxed "as usual". If I'm not mistaken, the shipments from the US were effected by the UPS, that's probably why they "overlooked" the 1st shipment. Also, unlike local post, which demands customs payment on delivery, the UPS sends later the invoice to be paid. 

I'm yet to see if they have sent an invoice to Germany. I left UK and went to crete where the coin shopping continues at Creta-numismatics. And as I'm technically in Greece I'm in Schengen so I have doubts I will have to go through customs at the airport when I get to Vienna on the next stage of my journey or through customs on returning to Germany. Though, I'm wondering if I do get a customs invoice to my German address for items delivered to the UK. 

On 18/08/2023 at 03:44, Sc391 said:

I’m anxiously anticipating the reverse proof set November 14.  Should be pretty special 

Me too. Subscription in place so just gotta sit and wait now 👍🏼