• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

RM release lookup somewhere? Re: Quarter ounce gold coronation bullion

kojacker

Hello, is there somewhere a newbie can see what all coins have been released per collection? Like an inventory lookup or similar maybe.

I have been looking for a fractional gold Coronation coin, i noticed the tenths everywhere, but then found this quarter one at BullionByPost (https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gifts/coronation-of-king-charles-iii-bullion-coins/2023-coronation-quarter-ounce-gold-coin/) I could not find these quarters listed on any other dealer site including Royal Mint, which I thought strange. It makes me wonder what might arrive, the listing mentions it's in stock but doesn't have some basic details like the mintage in the description.

I would like to learn from the experienced gold buyers is there somewhere can be searched to check if a coin exists and what mintage etc. I had just relied on the RM website but if it's not on there. Maybe you all have fancy resources or networking or something :)

Thank you for entertaining a noob question :)

This forum is probably one of the best places where you can find such information. 😎

There’s almost always dedicated topics for every coin range, plus some common topics for New Coin Releases.

And if you can’t find information about something specific, just ask and someone is more than likely to have an answer or will be able to point you in the right direction.

Regarding the 1/4oz gold bullion Coronation coin, it’s still a bit of a mystery as to what exactly is going on; it is being discussed here:

Just now, Agaupl said:

Wrong side of the brit! 

Haha! I did also take the other side but when I tried uploading it said I maxed out my total upload space allowance, but it's letting me upload a smaller image now. I'm sure someone with better camera and lighting will take much better pics soon 😄20230707_122553.thumb.jpg.844271107c7497ad1245df5d0ea653f0.jpg

3 hours ago, kojacker said:

Haha! I did also take the other side but when I tried uploading it said I maxed out my total upload space allowance, but it's letting me upload a smaller image now. I'm sure someone with better camera and lighting will take much better pics soon 😄20230707_122553.thumb.jpg.844271107c7497ad1245df5d0ea653f0.jpg

Na it’s just we’ve had the same 2023 Brit reverse for a year. The key to this one is the obverse. Whereas the coronation coin is bran new. Despite myself I like them a lot 🙁 

Aaaahhh😉

56 minutes ago, bluffer said:

hows that compare to a normal 1/4 mintage?

RM doesn't publish mintage's /total sales numbers for standard bullion coins, so a fair comparative is not possible.

Edited by daca

Or the coronation 1/4 oz gold at 1250 mintage…..however, that’s a proof coin and £750.  I think the bullion version at £443 sounds like a fair deal and a modest mintage.

22 hours ago, kojacker said:

Hello, is there somewhere a newbie can see what all coins have been released per collection? Like an inventory lookup or similar maybe.

I have been looking for a fractional gold Coronation coin, i noticed the tenths everywhere, but then found this quarter one at BullionByPost (https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gifts/coronation-of-king-charles-iii-bullion-coins/2023-coronation-quarter-ounce-gold-coin/) I could not find these quarters listed on any other dealer site including Royal Mint, which I thought strange. It makes me wonder what might arrive, the listing mentions it's in stock but doesn't have some basic details like the mintage in the description.

I would like to learn from the experienced gold buyers is there somewhere can be searched to check if a coin exists and what mintage etc. I had just relied on the RM website but if it's not on there. Maybe you all have fancy resources or networking or something :)

Thank you for entertaining a noob question :)

It exists, so far only three bullion retailers are known to be selling them. Bullionbypost and some German company that only delivers within Germany. Royal Mint has stated in an email they will not be selling them, they will not be releasing the mintage figures. So far it was known that 450 were delivered to Bullionbypost and they told me today that they have to ship them from their UK allocation they received to France to then post on to me for my purchase and same goes to their USA distribution office. The German company apparently received 20+ coins and so far no other retailer has been found selling them as they were only for wholesale dealers. If you find them for sale elsewhere then they would have been bought from the bigger dealers and sold onto to you. 

So that's ~470 coins to these two dealers, maybe more delivered in the coming days or weeks. But they are limited mintage (which is unknown) available for a limited time only (time available unknown - to me at least unless anyone else has any further information they can provide) 

I bought one, you can either buy one or pass and buy the oz or 1/10oz which both are limited with a known mintage. I got this one as it suited my budget. 

Alternatively you could buy a coronation britannia or a coronation bullion Sovereign...which there are plenty available for many more dealers and probably at better prices (compared to Bullionbypost) if you look around. 

Edited by tpcob303
Updating facts now known

4 hours ago, daca said:

RM doesn't publish mintage's /total sales numbers for standard bullion coins, so a fair comparative is not possible.

Yet they have done so for the 1oz cypher and britannia bullion coins and openly stated they were limited mintage for a limited time availability and have openly stated the mintage on their site. They also openly stated the mintage for the James bond limited bullion bars a few years ago. So it's really up to them if they want to declare or not, but yes most of the time they won't declare. But I'm pretty sure mathematically it can be worked out depending on how many they can produce in a day to work out how many they make in a year based upon how many days the mint operates and produces coins. 

I managed to get mine from Bullion by post the coin for a bullion is very nice great job RM only one moan I wish this coin was available from other websites as BBP isn’t the cheapest