• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor Beast Bullion Bull of Clarence Available. Thoughts..?

The third gold bullion in the Tudor Beasts is available.......The Bull of Clarence. I've just put in my order....£1658 at Chards (plus post).....£1668 at Atkinsons (free post)....Royal Mint £1707 plus post......with Gold at £1559 an ounce..!!!

45 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

Anybody have any thoughts on why the dealers dont appear to have 1/4oz bulls listed.

Guessing RM want to flog as many as they can for top dollar before releasing to the dealers, knowing they’ll be selling at a better level for buyers?

On 14/06/2023 at 08:31, Fenlander1 said:

Anybody have any thoughts on why the dealers dont appear to have 1/4oz bulls listed.

Just noticed BBP have the 1/4oz available to pre-order - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/gold-tudor-beasts/2023-bull-of-clarence-tudor-beasts-14oz-gold-coin/

Cheaper than RM at least, and free postage 😜

4 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

Just noticed BBP have the 1/4oz available to pre-order - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/gold-tudor-beasts/2023-bull-of-clarence-tudor-beasts-14oz-gold-coin/

Cheaper than RM at least, and free postage 😜

Thanks. Given spot right now though, surely the premium is too high? Was thinking/hoping for around the £430 mark on these

7 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Thanks. Given spot right now though, surely the premium is too high? Was thinking/hoping for around the £430 mark on these

Works out to about 17% I think. It could be why other dealers aren't listing it, if RM are charging say 15% premium, they may be choosing not to buy, while BBP typically come in just below RM so it may still be within their range. IIRC Chards have said before they didn't buy Quarter Sovs and 1/10oz coins sometimes for similar reasons. Could wait another week or two and see if other dealers list or not.

5 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

£445 ,is a bit steep considering the spot price. Tavex told me they should have there allocation at the end of June.

Appreciate the info, thanks sir. Will sit and wait given spot ought to be staying lower for a while yet 👍🏼

11 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

As usual, the Royal Mint increased their premiums a few weeks back when good was rallying, after a previous increase from a few months before, but they’ve failed to reduce premiums in line with the drop in gold prices. 

Yep indeed. If they don’t normalise in relation to spot then I’ll just shift the two pairs I have of the first 2 coins and let someone else enjoy them

gold spot as of 22-06-23 at 15.25    1507gbp/oz = 1750 euros

Bull of Clarence 1z gold bullion;

Royal Mint 1637 gbp (1900 euros)  = +7.9% over spot

Auragentum 1566 gbp (1818 euros) orderable from mid july (but can be bought already); = + 3,75% over spot; 

i just ask myself, WHY RM?