• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Numi's - Tip of the Month - November 2016 - 4th Panda Expo Medals

Just been speaking to my postman and he says there are no hold ups in his depo..and it shouldn't take 16 days to arrive...the tracking also stops after gaungzhou customs clear it.

At what point should i start panicking?

I would rather have the medals then a refund as I won't be able to buy them back at that price..

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been speaking to my postman and he says there are no hold ups in his depo..and it shouldn't take 16 days to arrive...the tracking also stops after gaungzhou customs clear it.

I would rather have the medals then a refund as I won't be able to buy them back at that price..

I have known things to take 3 weeks to get to Florida from the uk so it still may arrive. Mine is still in the system as well. It says china 15 days ago. When it is delivered in London I hope I will see that on the tracking. Other than that it will be a surprise when I get back in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Hi - i have been buying directed from the PRC for come on ten years. Similarly a number of these dealers are now sending via the Ebay Discounted Postal Scheme, and where in the case of the UK the postal details are produced with a dual China Mail/Royal Mail 'air waybill.'  The anomaly however is that I have at  best had coins/medals delivered in around five days, while at the extreme this has taken nearly six weeks.

The one constant however has been the fact that I have never had a package go missing. Similarly I have no reason to doubt Dragons integrity and in my case he informed me that the medals were posted on the 1st of Dec - I thus trust him that this is the case

No disrespect to your postie, but he cannot be certain of what is happening upstream of the local sorting centre. Couple to this is the heavy traffic that is indicative of Xmas. Subsequently I always thought that I would be lucky to see these medals this side on the 25th. 

11 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have known things to take 3 weeks to get to Florida from the uk so it still may arrive. Mine is still in the system as well. It says china 15 days ago. When it is delivered in London I hope I will see that on the tracking. Other than that it will be a surprise when I get back in January.

Yes dragon confirmed my packages were sent with yours so when you get yours I'll get mine fingers crossed

10 hours ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Yes dragon confirmed my packages were sent with yours so when you get yours I'll get mine fingers crossed

He seems to have posted a goodly batch on the 1st.

According to RM T&T they aren't scanned in the UK until final delivery.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Dragon checked at the China departure hub.

5c0af7ba770ced27616aeaee5d2262c0.jpg

Shows that packages arrived in Heathrow on 3rd December so the delay is a uk delay.

2016-12-06 04:37:00.0 arrive UK Langley Transit Station

Mine arrived in the UK 3 days later on the 6th and delivered to me on the 8th.  I also think the delay is with customs and they might be investigating/raising a charge/sending out declaration docs.  

If people haven't done so already, you can do a partial track here

Tracked mine with EMS china eBay tracking is not very detailed average time to the UK was 5 days after departing china, delivered about three days after landing in the UK.

I was lucky to miss the Christmas backlog with the first ones.  Ive got one that departed china on the 13th still not tracked in the UK be surprised if I get it before Christmas.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html

8 hours ago, morezone said:
2016-12-06 04:37:00.0 arrive UK Langley Transit Station

Mine arrived in the UK 3 days later on the 6th and delivered to me on the 8th.  I also think the delay is with customs and they might be investigating/raising a charge/sending out declaration docs.  

If people haven't done so already, you can do a partial track here

Funny, that link doesn't recognise my parcel number but it tracks ok using the ebay link. only tracks to Gwangzhou sorting centre then says status is in transit. Assume it's landed in UK along with Numi's.

Customs probably suspicious with several similar parcels arriving together.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I just got confirmation from dragonzeng168 that a 2017 bimetallic panda 35th anniversary will be minted based on the experience gained from the 4th panda expo bimetallic. The mintage will be 6000 coins for up to 6000 collectors, and there are not enough 4th panda expos for all of them :)

6 hours ago, badon said:

I just got confirmation from dragonzeng168 that a 2017 bimetallic panda 35th anniversary will be minted based on the experience gained from the 4th panda expo bimetallic. The mintage will be 6000 coins for up to 6000 collectors, and there are not enough 4th panda expos for all of them :)

More than coincidence or a tilt in the same direction  ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Trimetallic-Panda-Gold-Coins-35th-Anniversary-Martin-Weiss-medal-NGC69-/162301273480?hash=item25c9e8e588:g:4QQAAOSwiONYPYyN

Did Dragon confirm that the 6000 bimetal  are going to be a medal or a fiat denominated coin commensurate with the standard silver panda value, ie 10 yuan?

If this is to be a  fiat I can understand the rationale behind it as there is such a large market of  panda 'coin' collectors, a sizable portion of whom will not consider anything that is not denominated. Medals are therefore off their radar. Similarly medallion collects may take flight and due to the high mintage of 6000 

This has just been brought to my attention by another forum member.

There will be a bimetallic of 30g gold and 12g silver with a mintage of 6k.  Will be crazy hard to get and most probably a crazy price attached to it.

They will also be doing a 5g gold with 50k mintage and a 15g silver with 200k mintage.  Looks like 5g may be a regular size in the future as the Auspicious coins are also 5g whereas they were 8g in 2015 and 2016.

CGCI Release Schedule

35th anniversary.jpg

8 hours ago, ArthGoch said:

More than coincidence or a tilt in the same direction  ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Trimetallic-Panda-Gold-Coins-35th-Anniversary-Martin-Weiss-medal-NGC69-/162301273480?hash=item25c9e8e588:g:4QQAAOSwiONYPYyN

Did Dragon confirm that the 6000 bimetal  are going to be a medal or a fiat denominated coin commensurate with the standard silver panda value, ie 10 yuan?

If this is to be a  fiat I can understand the rationale behind it as there is such a large market of  panda 'coin' collectors, a sizable portion of whom will not consider anything that is not denominated. Medals are therefore off their radar. Similarly medallion collects may take flight and due to the high mintage of 6000 

I don't know if the 2017 bimetallic panda 35th anniversary will be fiat or non-fiat. dragonzeng168 had to go before I could ask him. If previous panda anniversaries are our guide, I would say it's most likely to be fiat. Some anniversary sets include both fiat and non-fiat, but that's unusual, and it's typically only 1 or 2 non-fiat coins issued in special sets, with the rest being all fiat.

Since the 2017 bimetallic panda 35th anniversary couldn't be minted without experimentation in the production of the 2016 bimetallic 4th panda expo, I think it is very possible the 4th panda expo could be considered a production prototype for the 2017 35th anniversary version. The most interesting fact is the 4th panda expo has the same 200 mintage as the 2014 30 g silver baby panda, which is the only other production prototype I'm aware of from the China mints. The 4th panda expo does not have quite as strong of a claim to being a "production prototype" as the baby pandas, mostly because the 4th panda expo has another very clear purpose in being minted to commemorate the 4th panda expo. It might be more accurate to describe the 2016 bimetallic panda 4th panda expo as a "precursor", a "prerequisite", or even as "experimental".

One thing is certain, the 4th panda expo bimetallic was definitely experimental, due to the fact the skill to produce the gold and silver bimetallic had been lost since the 1990's (those metals don't bond to each other very well). Although the word "experimental" sounds impressive, the China mints are always experimenting with something new and innovative, and the Martin Weiss trimetallic you mentioned is a great example of very similar experimentation at a private mint.

It's interesting the Martin Weiss "vanity coin" defines the 35th anniversary at the beginning of the 35th year, in 2016, while the Shanghai mint is defining it at the end of the 35th year, in 2017.  In 1991 they did it at the beginning of the 10th year. The Shenyang Mint's 2017 lunar rooster panda Beijing expo actually commemorates the 2016 Beijing expo, not the 2017 Beijing expo. Of all of these coins, the 2017 lunar rooster panda Beijing expo is weirdest and most interesting, partly because they minted them right at the show, and Peter Anthony reported in his November 2016 Pricepedia that they gave the entire mintage away to the attendees of the expo. They're currently available on ebay for around $50 USD.

Maybe in the future 2016 will be called the "bimetallic year".

Doh, I think I just wrote my next article, haha.

It's been some days now and just wondering if people's medals have turned up yet?

I just got another delivery from China, posted on the 8th, arrived in the UK on the 21st and delivered today 24th.

It's been some days now and just wondering if people's medals have turned up yet?

I just got another delivery from China, posted on the 8th, arrived in the UK on the 21st and delivered today 24th.

Not a thing....
How long do you leave it until you ask for your money back?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, prophet800 said:

Not a thing....
How long do you leave it until you ask for your money back?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wait until it is confirmed "lost". That could be a while, especially this time of year.

Can't see these being lost...He sent our batch at the same time and non have been delivered...I think customs have them as my batch wasn't from eBay sale and I'm guessing numistacker and the others arnt too?

Mine was from eBay too but I can't imagine that they are lost. They will turn up soon.

Archived