• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any Love for Silver Britannias??

Danny-boy

1 minute ago, CactusJackSWAg said:

The 10oz silver PAMP looks great too, but I think the premium may just be a little too high??? 

For me yes but that's up to you. To me PAMP and Lady Fortuna should only be in gold but that's just my preference.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RacerCool said:

Before an emergency expense forced me to sell my entire stack a couple years ago, I had begun collecting Russian one ounce silver coins. And I had made some progress on a full date run on one ounce silver Britannias. (Not to mention random Maples and silver Eagles and Libertads, and others)

But I changed my strategy when I started rebuilding the stack. Now my collecting focuses on a full date run of Onza/Libertads (with the odd "other" coin here and there), with stacking being mostly 90% Mexican and US currency coins, with some other bullion here and there.

At some point I'd like to rebuild a full date run of Britannias, and I still like the Russian coins.

10 years ago I was in the same situation and had to sell my entire stack due to an emergency. That'll never happen again. I started to save enough cash to be safe for a few years, so I would never have to depart from my beloved coins and bars which are REAL money anyway. I'm actually grateful for that emergency as it taught me a few lessons and now I can fully enjoy my hobby of not just collecting but also investing in pm.

Yes, those Russian coins are so beautiful. Absolutely stunning detail. Too bad I don't get a chance to buy in or from the US, otherwise I'd also buy more Libertads. Because they come with quite a premium here in Europe. All the best on your full runs 👍

10 minutes ago, Witcher said:

I didn't think that it was too high.  I could have waited and got one cheaper, though I did think about acquiring a second one. 
When I hear diversify....  to me, that means buy all different kinds of silver.  hahahaha

YES - I'll check out the price, because I really must have one or those, and the Britannia. Diversity can mean a lot of things with this hobby. Thanks1

6 minutes ago, Witcher said:

I hope we were talking about the same thing.  I was talking about the 10 oz Britannia just to be clear. 

Thanks for clarification. I want PAMP and Brit both, but I think the price on the PAMP was around $260? I'll have to go back and check. Thanks.

20 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

10 years ago I was in the same situation and had to sell my entire stack due to an emergency. That'll never happen again. I started to save enough cash to be safe for a few years, so I would never have to depart from my beloved coins and bars which are REAL money anyway. I'm actually grateful for that emergency as it taught me a few lessons and now I can fully enjoy my hobby of not just collecting but also investing in pm.

Yes, those Russian coins are so beautiful. Absolutely stunning detail. Too bad I don't get a chance to buy in or from the US, otherwise I'd also buy more Libertads. Because they come with quite a premium here in Europe. All the best on your full runs 👍

Yes exactly, gotta have a good cash savings as well as a PM stack. 👍

52 minutes ago, Witcher said:

I don't have much cash savings.  I lost a lot of interest because of all this talk of trying to get rid of cash.. a fiat reset... a push for total digital currency... 
Meaning, if you have a lot of cash, you just got stuck with something that you can't even buy junk McDonald's with. 
I'd rather be stuck with shiny bullion and have a little cash, than they other way around. 

It's a gamble, since we really don't know what the future brings. I am trying to have plenty of both on hand, as well as be reasonably prepared in any other way. Beyond that, that's really all we can do.

Archived