• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

$28 usd for one ounce silver round - can i have it shipped to the UK? what costs apart from shipping are there?

shabs

hi friends

a friend in the states said he can get me a 1 ounce SILVER round for $28 -- if i buy  15 ozs   - which is perfect  , i  can do that

- if he ships to the UK, what other costs are involved?  do i have to pay VAT if they are second hand silver coins.?  

- or better to get the shop to send me directly?

- Or , can i bring them with me, if I go the USA and bring them with me through the airport?   (this might not happen but something to consider if i plan to travel there in the future) 

thanks

ms shabs

You will have to first pay postage. There then would probably be a handling fee from your postage provider and then there would be VAT @ 20%

If you bring them with you on a plane I would assume you will have to declare them when you enter the UK.

Just with VAT alone they would be circa £27 each when you factor in postage probabaly more like £28-£29 you can often find silver for sale in the buy/sell section of the forum for less than that.

Edited by Fadeingstar

Small amounts up to £390 value would be duty free if traveling

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

31 minutes ago, shabs said:

Is this still the case if the SILVER from the USA is SECONDARY MARKET silver?  surely no VAT then?  as the silver is not NEW? thanks all

VAT is charged on all goods imported to the UK unless they are marked as gift on the customs form and have a value of less than £39 declared on the form.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Unless you really want these specific rounds It would probably be less expensive to buy 15oz of silver in the UK yes, also faster because customs can sometimes be slow at processing parcels.

I have just received four one ounce silver rounds , originally Canadian, which, including Special Delivery, came in at 28GBP each. The items, in great condition, were purchased from a TSF member. 

There are many items that I would love to purchase but I would rather wait and purchase from here rather than deal with the aggravation of importing.

ohhh , so VAT will be charged for any goods over £39.  Unless, my friend sends one ounce coins at a time, --- and says its a gift?  

- he could do it 15 times, to send me 15 ounces?  

You will pay this VAT if your friend will send to you.

If a visit in US is planned for future, it is better to wait and to bring them with you in your luggage, between your clothes. If it is not a big quantity, nobody will ask you. 

I have never travelled from US to UK, but from Europe to UK it is possible if it is a small quantity of silver.

But do it only if those rounds are not available to buy from forum or UK dealers and only if you really want those special rounds.

1 hour ago, shabs said:

ohhh , so VAT will be charged for any goods over £39.  Unless, my friend sends one ounce coins at a time, --- and says its a gift?  

- he could do it 15 times, to send me 15 ounces?  

I suspect the cost of sending 15 individual parcels would make this a pointless exercise.

Believe me if there were a legal and cost effective way to have silver sent from outside the UK and not pay tax on it we would all be doing it.

From my knowledge, the authorities are checking/scanning the luggages before departures. On arrivals are thrown all the luggages and the owners are collecting them and that's it.

I think @25oz per luggage will be ok.

5 hours ago, stefffana said:

From my knowledge, the authorities are checking/scanning the luggages before departures. On arrivals are thrown all the luggages and the owners are collecting them and that's it.

I think @25oz per luggage will be ok.

They will mark your luggage if the scaner guy see your tubes and they will wait for you when you land. 100%

Hand luggage is another story but almost the same if they mark you.

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

2 minutes ago, shabs said:

ok now im confused about bringing it with you from turkey! --  

Try it, but in hand luggage 

Don't be greedy,  they will mark you and wait when you land.

A few tubes won't be a problem 

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

19 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Try it, but in hand luggage 

Don't be greedy,  they will mark you and wait when you land.

A few tubes won't be a problem 

A few tubes in hand luggage?  --  One tube is 25oz?  

- to be honest, if i bring some back, probably just be a tiny amount like 15 oz

- thats if its cheaper in Turkey otherwise wont bother.