• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fresh new newb.

Just now, Ron77 said:

Other full sovereign.

IMG_20230106_154906.jpg

IMG_20230106_154943.jpg

Whether it's a 1968 or 1963 I'd say around £385-£390 as Gillicks are currently hot and condition looks good.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Without box and COA, the 1980 isn't worth a lot over bullion, for the 80's that's by far the most common with 82-84 having a fraction of the mintage

The other looks to be a 93?  That's much more desirable as I think that only has about a 5k mintage maybe even a bit less.  Loose I would say £240, boxed with COA north of that up to about £300 on a good day

It's 1995 the blurry one. Ah right so if they have their boxes (they do, ones got a card as well) they are more valuable?

1 minute ago, Ron77 said:

It's 1995 the blurry one. Ah right so if they have their boxes (they do, ones got a card as well) they are more valuable?

More saleable certainly, and to a lot of people more valuable.  Without box and COA their value is always limited for proofs

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Unfortunately that's dinged to hell, £375 at a stretch Unfortunately 

Yeah that one seems to have had a rough time think the other was in much better shape. They were stored in tissue in a box.

Cheers for the help guys, I'll have to figure out how I go about selling them. Not sure what to do with the watch, scrap it's probably worth a bit just wonder as it's in decent condition and working it maybe worth more as a watch.

23 minutes ago, Ron77 said:

Cheers for the help guys, I'll have to figure out how I go about selling them. Not sure what to do with the watch, scrap it's probably worth a bit just wonder as it's in decent condition and working it maybe worth more as a watch.

Best way to sell would likely be on here ( maybe even do an auction and let the true market value show)

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Best way to sell would likely be on here ( maybe even do an auction and let the true market value show)

I'll have a look at it tomorrow if I can get 5 minutes without the kids effecting my limited attention span. Can you do a reserve price on an auction?

Just now, Ron77 said:

I'll have a look at it tomorrow if I can get 5 minutes without the kids effecting my limited attention span. Can you do a reserve price on an auction?

You can but honestly (with gold) there's no need, it will put people off and I've never seen gold undersell on here.

State condition accurately and honestly, clear pictures, but you will likely have to offer to post first to established buyers ( nothing personal, but as a new member it's for safety reasons) just make sure to read prospective bidders feedback carefully. 

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

You can but honestly (with gold) there's no need, it will put people off and I've never seen gold undersell on here.

State condition accurately and honestly, clear pictures, but you will likely have to offer to post first to established buyers ( nothing personal, but as a new member it's for safety reasons) just make sure to read prospective bidders feedback carefully. 

Bit like eBay with ratings then. I'll have a look tomorrow morning cheers.

I think the watch is London 1923, although the date letter 'h' should be gothic style and it's hard to see in the photo of its gothic or plain.

No idea who PW is but Wright and Craighead watches seem to come up regularly in auction (Christies and Bonhams), so it could be worth more as a watch.

Edit: After having another look, it looks like the 'h' is plain not gothic so that would make it 1903.

Edited by Mobius

10 hours ago, Mobius said:

I think the watch is London 1923, although the date letter 'h' should be gothic style and it's hard to see in the photo of its gothic or plain.

No idea who PW is but Wright and Craighead watches seem to come up regularly in auction (Christies and Bonhams), so it could be worth more as a watch.

Edit: After having another look, it looks like the 'h' is plain not gothic so that would make it 1903.

Thanks that's helpful maybe need to see if an auction place can give me an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme