• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Current Ebay Deal Thread (BIN & Last 24HR Bidding)

Yeah you are probably right danny,i put it under 11oz silver .9999 fine.the only thing i find suspicious is the ,mere 15 views in 3 days.regards bb

As danny says.. Using the right key works and taking good pictures can pay dividends

If its silver and under spot people will find it

I personally only list items at the minimum i will accept ..then if the sell cool and if they don't i've lost nothing.. But then again i sell for a hobby and not to make a living

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found your auction, good description and reasonable postage but terrible pics. The description should make up for that though.

It's in the right category though.

I wouldn't worry about views, most people only look a few hours ahead for general stuff.

Stacker since 2013

Another issue may be covering too many bases in one auction.

You have stuff for bullion coin stackers, bullion coin collectors, bar stackers and circulated.

May have been better to split them up a bit to cater for each type.

Generally, somebody will want some of it and then have to sell what they don't want.

I don't know, eBay is a strange place and some auctions go mental, others go very cheap.

Let's see what happens.

Stacker since 2013

Hi BB

I have just found your items on eBay  eBay item number: 221619271198

The eBay title is the key to get traffic to your items

Your title is 11 oz silver .9999 fine

So a buyers needs to search these EXACT terms

Unless someone is looking for exactly 11oz it wont show up in the results of someone looking at what 1oz silver is available for sale

Your category selection for selling them is correct

As a 'joe public buyer' speaking here big worry factor for a buyer is you have zero feedback.  Buyers like to see some trades under your belt and scores on the doors

Also the photos you have posted are poor and blurry IMO the background you have photoed them on does not do the coins any justice, dark backgrounds it makes them look dirty

I cant comment on the description as there are two camps on the forum of personal grammar standards and i don't want to upset anyone

You should have split them into lots , 90%, Kennedy halfs! bars , ect . Also opened auction up to euro buyers , you could have canceled auction with 12 hours to go, but not now . You can get a friend to shill bid for you , and relist again

I cant comment on the description as there are two camps on the forum of personal grammar standards and i don't want to upset anyone

I loose all respect for people with bad grammar

Weather their being lazy or not, not real excuse 

B)

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I had a wee response typed ready for this thread and when i re-read it it would have sounded awful, when I re-read it.

Kman has made his point 

BullionBuilder has been given several points to help him with his add and to heaven forbid HELP him get a better price for his items 

with not even the common courtesy of a response, acknowledgment or a thanks, kiss my foot or owt.

Without saying anything bad, I will listen to my dear old Nana of 91 years young and said "if i cant say anything nice i'll not say anything at all".

I think that is me taking my Asda 'happy to help' badge off for newbies as well :(

Night peeps ! happy stacking 

I loose all respect for people with bad grammar

Weather their being lazy or not, not real excuse 

B)

I had a wee response typed ready for this thread and when i re-read it it would have sounded awful, when I re-read it.

Kman has made his point 

BullionBuilder has been given several points to help him with his add and to heaven forbid HELP him get a better price for his items 

with not even the common courtesy of a response, acknowledgment or a thanks, kiss my foot or owt.

Without saying anything bad, I will listen to my dear old Nana of 91 years young and said "if i cant say anything nice i'll not say anything at all".

I think that is me taking my Asda 'happy to help' badge off for

Night peeps ! happy stacking HI all,just back from a family emergency,my grammer is shocking and i apolagise for that.i thank you all for your help.kind regards bb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/zippy2817/m.html?item=121537600242&hash=item1c4c349af2&pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

this guy has a decent selection of silver 1oz up - rwanda wildlife, rarer britannias & oddities

All ending today in the next 3-4 hrs, 3-4pm

Win a few and combine the shipping.  his feedback shows good comments on previous bullion sales

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/zippy2817/m.html?item=121537600242&hash=item1c4c349af2&pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

this guy has a decent selection of silver 1oz up - rwanda wildlife, rarer britannias & oddities

All ending today in the next 3-4 hrs, 3-4pm

Win a few and combine the shipping.  his feedback shows good comments on previous bullion sales

I've bid £42 on the zebra. Some one else bid £41.

Oh damn! I forgot all about my dollar cost average! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?item=121537600242&hash=item1c4c349af2&pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=zippy2817&_sop=3&_ipg=200&rt=nc

The link above shows the completed listing of that seller zippy i highlighted earlier has done OK with his sales today.    

Points to note for those planning to exit their silver position via eBay

• You list items that compliment other you have listed
  • Offer combined shipping 
  • Have stuff ending a minute or two apart at an agreeable time when most UK traffic will be on the site
  • List stuff that is in demand with collectors.  
  • Use auction format for items you have seen well in the past or are in demand. a few active unique bidders will decide its true current value
  • List half decent high resolution photographs

These sales today show you get much better realised prices !

Same seller has just listed a full run of 1oz kookaburras if anyone is missing any years to end this time next week 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-The-Britannia-2014-Six-Coin-Silver-Proof-Set-BR14SS-/171652526334?pt=UK_Coins_BritishComm_RL&hash=item27f749b0fe

2014 proof Britannia set, £200 from RM, £170 buy it now + £5 postage, so £25 off. 

You can also make them an offer

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191484084871?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is a very rare 2oz Kook proof  there are only 500 of them,they do post to the UK and have a UK bank acc so you don't have to worry about currency conversion,

The coin has the tiny NAA logo at the bottom of the tree in line with the 2 from 1992.Anything below $250 is a steal.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived