• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recommendations for a silver bezel/mount for a 27mm coin. Can't find anything suitable this side of the pond.

Solachesis

I plan on making my newly acquired 1/4oz silver Libertad into a necklace, The Royal Canadian mint release their own 27mm silver bezel with a screw top which is really nice, but I can't find any here, outside of eBay for £60-80! 

This is the one in question, I can't find anything similar here. Am I better off contacting one of the many talented silversmiths to see if they can make something like this? Or does anyone know from experience a good place to get mounts.

İdeally I don't want to get one which is soldered on the top.

Thank youu

Screenshot_20221208_200452_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

1 hour ago, James32 said:

@ArgentSmith can you make anything suitable?

Certainly beyond me to make with a screw fastening I would probably squeeze a coin ring round the outside 🤔 @Mtaybar was sourcing a bezel not so long ago, he might have some pointers?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

Certainly beyond me to make with a screw fastening

Never let me hear you utter those words again 😊 you can do it..if you B&Q it.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Thank you, I wonder what import tax that would have coming from Germany. I saw something similar on Etsy, and the reviews said they tested it and it had no silver at all, so I thought maybe best to avoid 😂

Considered going down the ring route, but it would be huge, the 1/4 Brit is 22mm, assumed the libertad would have been similar haha 

1 minute ago, Solachesis said:

Thank you, I wonder what import tax that would have coming from Germany. I saw something similar on Etsy, and the reviews said they tested it and it had no silver at all, so I thought maybe best to avoid 😂

Considered going down the ring route, but it would be huge, the 1/4 Brit is 22mm, assumed the libertad would have been similar haha 

Drill bit, piece of cord and boom.. just like the olden days😅

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Drill bit, piece of cord and boom.. just like the olden days😅

https://www.cooksongold.com/Findings/Sterling-Silver-Coin-Mount-British-Two-Shilling-Florin-2--Scroll-Top-Pendant-prcode-NVO-589 29mm, next one down too small, I wonder if it could be trimmed down. Alternatively, you can get just the top bit and *sniff* solder it 

2 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Certainly beyond me to make with a screw fastening I would probably squeeze a coin ring round the outside 🤔 @Mtaybar was sourcing a bezel not so long ago, he might have some 

I found a woman in the US that could make a bezel any size by hand using silver. They look amazing but expensive and obviously then there's import fees to get it here. I found a gold bezel for a half sovereign in the end, a bit tight for a new silver sixpence but could be used if heated and made to fit. Other than that it's pretty hard to find a good bezel. Maybe a new idea for someone here to take up? 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I found a woman in the US that could make a bezel any size by hand using silver. They look amazing but expensive and obviously then there's import fees to get it here. I found a gold bezel for a half sovereign in the end, a bit tight for a new silver sixpence but could be used if heated and made to fit. Other than that it's pretty hard to find a good bezel. Maybe a new idea for someone here to take up? 

Thanks for the insight, bloody muricans get everything! Airtites, bezels: they've even got a bezel.com! 

I have a jeweller near me that offers a service where they can make jewellery for you. I brought a coin to them which had a pretty severe dent and the goldsmith carefully realigned it, didn't even charge me for it. Maybe they could resize a bigger bezel 

8 hours ago, Solachesis said:

I have a jeweller near me that offers a service where they can make jewellery for you.

Perfect! no doubt they would make bespoke bezel if you took the coin in. Think @katyc does Jewellery, she might be able to help?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

58 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Perfect! no doubt they would make bespoke bezel if you took the coin in. Think @katyc does Jewellery, she might be able to help?

I sell low-value 925 earrings on Amazon (it's more cost-effective to scrap my faulty stock) so I don't have much knowledge of repairs/bespoke items I'm afraid.

My neighbour left some broken cufflinks in my letterbox once - assuming I could fix them. I was as much use as a crocheted condom 😬🤸‍♀️

Edited by katyc

1 hour ago, RRH87 said:

Found these might not be the quality you are after. Keyring and watch seemed to be good search terms. Looks like u could attach a keyring bezel or similar to a chain/necklace.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155095891223

Screenshot_20221209_100759_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221209_100405_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221209_100411_Chrome.jpg

Ahhh good suggestion on the search term! Also considerably cheaper. Thank you 😁