• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Britannia Coins - Queens Head - Kings Head

dicker

Hi All

I may have missed a post on this but will there essentially be two 2023 Brits?

- One featuring QE2 (Limited in number)

- One featuring KC3 (Unlimited)

I did search for a topic on this but could not find one easily.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

41 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi All

Best

Dicker

39 minutes ago, SiCole said:

Yes ones sold this year will have the queen and next year the king.

While I was thinking about your question, I was trying to recall whether I knew the answer or not. Some of this stuff is still privileged information or under embargo. There have been so many new coins, and so much uncertainty in the last two months, that it is difficult to keep track of conjecture and facts, and also of which information is officialy in the public domain, and which isn't, but you have got your answer from someone who appears to know the answer.

😎

Chards

It states it on the Royal Mint website.

Key Features

• Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year. 

Has this happened before? Two different monarchs on a single year dated coin?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

45 minutes ago, SiCole said:

It states it on the Royal Mint website.

Key Features

• Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year. 

Thanks. It's almost always useful to state your source!

😎

Chards

37 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Has this happened before? Two different monarchs on a single year dated coin?

Yes.

And the question has been asked, and answered a number of times on TSF and elsewhere during the past two months.

In 1820, halfcrowns were issued for George III in both circulation and (2) proof types. Spink #2789.

There were also circulation and (2) proof types issued for George IV. Spink #3807.

In 1936, coins were issued for George V, and Edward VIII. The Edward VII UK coins were proofs or patterns, not issued for circulation, but Fiji, New Guinea, British West Africa, and East Africa, together with a few Indian states issued coins for circulation. None of these bore his portorait, mainly because of the central hole in most of these.

https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=britishwestafrica.html

In 1937, there were also some UK pattern coins made for Edward VIII, although he abdicated before any could be issued for circulation.

Many denominations were issued for George VI dated 1937.

Thee are numerous others, and if we go back long enough, there were also posthumously issued coins of Henry VII, Henry VIII, and many more.

😎

Chards

Thank you. Almost out of living memory though.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

On 12/11/2022 at 14:49, dicker said:

Hi All

Best

Dicker

Yes, 1937 Sovereign for both Edward and George though the Edward sovereigns are extremely rare and not many have sold on the open market. I think a set or single coin recently sold for a small fortune. 

Now the 2022 Sovereign the jubilee and the memorial sovereigns, while different variation of the Royal coat of arms they are still sovereigns and both dated 2022. Tbh I wasn't going to buy the memorial sovereign, then the Proclamation came through and I couldn't decide if I wanted to then I saw the design leaked a couple of days before and I saw the date with 2022 and I totally decided at that point that I was buying it. 

I also just bought 4 more coins tonight, 3 silver 2023 Elizabeth britannias and a 1 oz gold 2023 Elizabeth britannia. Now I have 2 monarchs with both 2022 and 2023 dates on them I'm done for buying until the Proof and reverse proof Morgan and Peace Dollars release in the summer. 

• 1 month later...

Released today...

The 2023 Britannia with King Charles will be available at the end of the month. 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away.