• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Queens head 1/10 & 1/4 brittanias

AaaGee

Trying to decide weather ir not to buy a 1/10 or 1/4oz gold Britannia as it looks like they are going to go to King Charles in the new year. Correct me if im wrong.

I can afford one or the other now but not both.

Is it worth getting one now as the prices will be higher next year? Or should they stay roughly the same with maybe a cheeky bit of extra premium as when they're gone, theyre gone?

Or are they expected to command silly money? 

Sat here wondering if i should just go for it and be done with it.

Can't say what the price will be in the new year, largely depends on spot and obviously availability.

But considering they (1/4)  are approximately close to £405 now, then I'd go for it and get the charles version next year.

Little last and first mini set if you will. But still only bullion, so I wouldn't be expecting any future crazy premium/increase in value.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Thats good to know. Ive already got the 2021s and 2s in both weights. Its more a case of when rather than if. Just wondering if people are going to be asking crazy money for them next year. No one has a chrystal ball i guess.

1 minute ago, AaaGee said:

Thats good to know. Ive already got the 2021s and 2s in both weights. Its more a case of when rather than if. Just wondering if people are going to be asking crazy money for them next year. No one has a chrystal ball i guess.

I think it's a case of will the Elizabeth be actually available next year, as I believe most will be buying to keep and have the 2 coin set mentioned above.

The Britannia design is the same and unless they do a special reverse for the charles version,I can see them ever going for much over bullion. The main positive I see is saleability.

1 minute ago, AaaGee said:

Great! I'll probably go for a quarter oz but will wait till the weekend before I order. Postiies are on strike this week.

Please check, but I'm sure I read they agreed to stand down this week.

Royal Mail has confirmed the CWU has withdrawn the industrial action planned for this week. This means Royal Mail workers who are members of the CWU will no longer be taking strike action on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th November 2022. 

It's a good question - how many of the QE II version will be sold and will it have a rarity value in the future. My gut feeling is that everyone who wants one (both the 1/10th and quarter oz) will be buying one in the next few weeks. I can't see any long-term substantial increase in value but possibly a short term bump once they stop minting them. Gold stackers won't care whose head is on the coins and collectors will probably have one. So you are basically hoping that at some point in the future there are more collectors than there are right now...

I think theres a grey area between  stackers and collectors.

I considered myself as a stacker. But then i find myself doing a small gold brit date run.

Also just started collecting the 2oz silver Queens Beasts and  now the Tudor Beasts set.

More interesting to look at i suppose rather than loads of the same.

All just bullion at the end of the day i guess 😄

14 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Life is mostly always complicated sadly.

At least I got saved from a complication of buying some shiny stuff; now got to spend it and more on steel and plastic that I involuntarily rearranged the shape of earlier. Ooops.

Sorry to hear that bud.