• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 1/4oz Gold Brits - who has em?

JamesH

Evening all. Trying to get hold of a small number of these but can’t find them anywhere except for the Royal Mint where they seem a little steep in price. Wondered if anyone has seen them available anywhere else? Thanks

Edited by JamesH
Bloody autocorrect Gold-Good

• JamesH changed the title to 2023 1/4oz Gold Brits - who has em?

Thanks all. Not sure why I wasn’t picking these up when searching for them. Clearly not navigating the sites terribly well. Appreciate the steer in the right direction 👍🏼

2 hours ago, JamesH said:

2023 1/4oz Gold Brits - who has em?

Evening all. Trying to get hold of a small number of these but can’t find them anywhere except for the Royal Mint where they seem a little steep in price. Wondered if anyone has seen them available anywhere else? Thanks

Our first batch sold out before we received them. It might be the same with our second batch!

Correction, I read 1/4, then promptly forgot, and tuned into one ounce ounce instead. Another late night!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

15 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Our first batch sold out before we received them. It might be the same with our second batch!

Correction, I read 1/4, then promptly forgot, and tuned into one ounce ounce instead. Another late night!

😎

Very interesting that there was such demand for the 1 ounce versions, which are pretty pricey wherever you look.

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Nobody can fight the gold price, and our premiums are pretty keen!

😎

I would entirely agree about Chards keen prices and premiums. For this reason I have happily purchased several times from them. The trouble sometimes, however, is availability. The possibly indefinite wait on 'orderable' coins is a disincentive to purchase, likewise the possible second-hand nature of what may become available,  though it is all clearly and honestly explained by Chards. And I am sure that they would prefer to supply new coins immediately if they had them in stock.

36 minutes ago, RDHC said:

I would entirely agree about Chards keen prices and premiums. For this reason I have happily purchased several times from them. The trouble sometimes, however, is availability. The possibly indefinite wait on 'orderable' coins is a disincentive to purchase, likewise the possible second-hand nature of what may become available,  though it is all clearly and honestly explained by Chards. And I am sure that they would prefer to supply new coins immediately if they had them in stock.

I ordered a 2023 1 oz Gold Britannia from Chards and did specify a QE2 portrait on my order.  I likewise don't mind waiting as it was clearl I would have to when I ordered, just as long as the coin is a nice one (despite being only bullion!) and the premiums were a fair bit lower than elsewhere too.

What was interesting was that Chards sent me an email asking when I would like it to be despatched, which is a new one on me.  Unsurprisingly I wanted it ASAP, which is 17th Nov from the available slots they gave me to choose from.  (No way was I, or anyone else I would imagine, going choose a later date than they need to).  I had hoped it might be sooner, but at least knowing the date helps and gives me something to look forward too/fret over.

Is this a new process of yours @LawrenceChard  ?  I presume it must be based on your order backlog and coin availability.  I thought you would just do them on a first come first served basis and tell people when they would be despatched.  If you could indicate that on your website when placing the order, then it would be even better and perhaps not put people off who are worried the delay could be much longer. 

1 hour ago, Tortoise said:

I ordered a 2023 1 oz Gold Britannia from Chards and did specify a QE2 portrait on my order.  I likewise don't mind waiting as it was clearl I would have to when I ordered, just as long as the coin is a nice one (despite being only bullion!) and the premiums were a fair bit lower than elsewhere too.

What was interesting was that Chards sent me an email asking when I would like it to be despatched, which is a new one on me.  Unsurprisingly I wanted it ASAP, which is 17th Nov from the available slots they gave me to choose from.  (No way was I, or anyone else I would imagine, going choose a later date than they need to).  I had hoped it might be sooner, but at least knowing the date helps and gives me something to look forward too/fret over.

Is this a new process of yours @LawrenceChard  ?  I presume it must be based on your order backlog and coin availability.  I thought you would just do them on a first come first served basis and tell people when they would be despatched.  If you could indicate that on your website when placing the order, then it would be even better and perhaps not put people off who are worried the delay could be much longer. 

I think we do somewhere state that we fill orders in rotation, so when we receive a new delivery, we will allocate the coins in rotation, but sometimes people go on holiday, or want delivery on a particular day of the week, and we try to accommodate these wishes. Also, if someone knows we are posting on Monday, they know when to expect it. It is not entirely new, and we have been working for quite some time to make despatch better, and to automate it as much as possible. There are still plenty of improvements we will be working on.

Some people might be thinking of placing another order, and could therefore possibly get them sent together and save postage. Others might decide to have a day out in Blackpool, and come and collect their coin(s). There are probably millions of possible permutations, and the more we can cater for, the better.

17th November is a long way out, but it is probably partly to do with postal strikes.

I'm glad you like our tweaks, and hope the RM have done a good job on your coin when it arrives.

😎

Chards

I had the weird book weeks ahead to have your coin dispatched (if it was going to be dispatched on the earliest date which I picked, it actually still wouldn't have been dispatched), but then just last week got an email to say it would be earlier than that.

Weirdly, Chards don't seem to send an email to say they have dispatched orders, but according to the order details, it has been sent out this week.(it doesn't say which day)

On 31/10/2022 at 23:37, LawrenceChard said:

I think we do somewhere state that we fill orders in rotation, so when we receive a new delivery, we will allocate the coins in rotation, but sometimes people go on holiday, or want delivery on a particular day of the week, and we try to accommodate these wishes. Also, if someone knows we are posting on Monday, they know when to expect it. It is not entirely new, and we have been working for quite some time to make despatch better, and to automate it as much as possible. There are still plenty of improvements we will be working on.

Some people might be thinking of placing another order, and could therefore possibly get them sent together and save postage. Others might decide to have a day out in Blackpool, and come and collect their coin(s). There are probably millions of possible permutations, and the more we can cater for, the better.

17th November is a long way out, but it is probably partly to do with postal strikes.

I'm glad you like our tweaks, and hope the RM have done a good job on your coin when it arrives.

😎

• 10 months later...