• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

One of a Kind?

AirDog

I came across this 10 ounce bar, sterling. I think it might have some historical significance, value.  The engraving looks to be superb. Anybody come across one of these or have thoughts on value.  I did send an email to the Park City historical folks. They liked it and felt it had historical value but had no history. They thought I might have somebody date it by the engraving work and then they could look deeper into the city records. 

04E1F539-873A-4AA1-82F1-C7EC651B8919.jpeg

9DE0CD77-D1C7-4281-88B5-2284DF302D98.jpeg

i cannot help you on the identification but this must be of significance. i didn't know where Park City was but i see it is in Utah. A 10 oz bar is quite a lump even if silver mining country. It would have been more valuable back in the day than now.
i think a highly finished bar with engraving like this - plus i expect it would have come in a presentation box when new - this would be $15 - 
Using the inflation calculator from 1872 (a date i saw for Park City in wikipedia) this gives $372. So it is a decent amount to be presenting. It would have gone to something of a VIP.
It is strange there is no name and date. For once you wish they had engraved these details on the silver. This is odd - why present a valuable silver bar to a VIP but not include the name?

Disclaimer: Everything I post is for entertainment purposes only - it is not to be taken seriously. There is no intent to incite violence or hate of any kind, nor do I have any intent to incite any other crime or non-crime in any country in the world. It is not my intent to slander, harass or defame anyone dead or alive. 

1 hour ago, AirDog said:

I came across this 10 ounce bar, sterling. I think it might have some historical significance, value.  The engraving looks to be superb. Anybody come across one of these or have thoughts on value.  I did send an email to the Park City historical folks. They liked it and felt it had historical value but had no history. They thought I might have somebody date it by the engraving work and then they could look deeper into the city records. 

04E1F539-873A-4AA1-82F1-C7EC651B8919.jpeg

9DE0CD77-D1C7-4281-88B5-2284DF302D98.jpeg

Without names and dates, I doubt is there is a lot to be found.

I am aware that Park City is a US ski area, with a link to Courchevel in France.

Park City is a Sister City to Courchevel, France, This relationship was established in 1984 to develop relationships between our communities.  These exchanges enhance many areas of our communities, including business, culture, arts and education.  French representatives from Courchevel, the largest ski area in the world, felt that the Park City area ski resorts were very similar to Courchevel, with potential of identical stature.  The Park City Sister City Association (PCSCA) was established to enhance and support this Sister City relationship.

There is also a Park City piste in the Saulire sector of Les Trois Vallees,which I have skied a number of times.

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Without names and dates, I doubt is there is a lot to be found.

I am aware that Park City is a US ski area, with a link to Courchevel in France.

Park City is a Sister City to Courchevel, France, This relationship was established in 1984 to develop relationships between our communities.  These exchanges enhance many areas of our communities, including business, culture, arts and education.  French representatives from Courchevel, the largest ski area in the world, felt that the Park City area ski resorts were very similar to Courchevel, with potential of identical stature.  The Park City Sister City Association (PCSCA) was established to enhance and support this Sister City relationship.

There is also a Park City piste in the Saulire sector of Les Trois Vallees,which I have skied a number of times.

😎

Les Trois Vallees is the best place I have ever skied. Can't wait to get back there one day, just amazing. Had a go at Grand Couloir, not my best skiing...... but great fun.

4 hours ago, RRH87 said:

Les Trois Vallees is the best place I have ever skied. Can't wait to get back there one day, just amazing. Had a go at Grand Couloir, not my best skiing...... but great fun.

I can remember many years ago, a bunch of snobby gits telling me the Grand Couloir was too hard for me. Sure it would have been a challenge for my ability at the time, but I have done it numerous times since, although not the last time I was there. I do some more difficult stuff off piste, but with mountain guides.

😎

Chards

23 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I can remember many years ago, a bunch of snobby gits telling me the Grand Couloir was too hard for me. Sure it would have been a challenge for my ability at the time, but I have done it numerous times since, although not the last time I was there. I do some more difficult stuff off piste, but with mountain guides.

😎

Well, seeing your propensity to go skiing in your Speedos, are you sure you're weren't on the piste?

I like to go on the piste at the apres ski.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

You'll be asking me if I ever slept with the chalet girls next!

😎

Well, did you go on the piste with the chalet girls?

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.