• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone feel a pullback incoming?

TheGoldSovereign

23 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Nah, no pullback. Watch it rise tomorrow......They ain't finished yet, mark my words.

;)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems the pullback is here. I am preparing to do one last big buy but want to get the timing absolutely correct. Spot for Gold is down £36.75 at the time of this post with it slowly decreasing past £1008. What are we thinking the bottom of this pullback will be for gold?

2 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Got my sovereign buying finger ready to pull the trigger on a tube of sovs :)

gold stack V2 about to commence.

hehe do it!

What dealers offer a few % over spot for sovs that actually use live rates? no knife catching with HGM :(

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

6 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Got my sovereign buying finger ready to pull the trigger on a tube of sovs :)

gold stack V2 about to commence.

Hi, may I ask where you are buying from. I like coins in blisters rather than tubes though. Am sitting ready to dive in. Have a spare £1k and am chewing over what to buy. Sovereigns, britannias or a load of 1/10 gold elephants.

Yes, pullback is inevitable. As is the rally after that. Nothing moves in a straight line.

Personally I think GBP has seen the bottom and therefore any real rise in gold will now be offset my strength in GBP, so we may not see £1100 for a few months or more.

10 minutes ago, RisinSun said:

Seems the pullback is here. I am preparing to do one last big buy but want to get the timing absolutely correct. Spot for Gold is down £36.75 at the time of this post with it slowly decreasing past £1008. What are we thinking the bottom of this pullback will be for gold?

there's still a possibility of a pullback to $1280-$1320.

poor nf payroll nos., gold rises.

better than expected nf payroll nos., gold rises. :P

consider start buying once gold passes $1320?

HH

4 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

there's still a possibility of a pullback to $1280-$1320.

poor nf payroll nos., gold rises.

better than expected nf payroll nos., gold rises. :P

consider start buying once gold passes $1320?

HH

Alright, im counting on your years of experience hawkeye, its quite the purchase im planning.

Not impressed by that Arduino Tronic video. He claims high net worth individuals are pulling out of GLD, but there's no evidence of that. GLD still has substantial net inflows according to the data on ETF.com. Also he attributes far too much of gold's price movement to manipulation. I don't doubt that the bullion banks sometimes push the price of gold around so they can make some money on an options or futures trade, but big price movements like the fall from $1880 in 2011 to $1050 in 2015 are not caused by manipulation.

Gold must be understood as an asset class among many. It will tend to rise in price when others are performing poorly, or are predicted to fall. Currently stocks are booming on the possibility of renewed QE and bonds are rising on the expectation of falling interest rates, so gold will take a hit in the short term. This may extend through the US elections. The best response is just to keep cost averaging in and benefit from the cheaper prices.

On 7/12/2016 at 02:43, HighlandTiger said:

There is a music video embedded in the comments section, that I just had to share.

There is something surreal about a Russian band with tractor drums and guitars, and the Russian Red Army choir in full uniform, belting out a ZZ Top number..... :) It seems the Russians may hate the Yanks, but love their music. 

Love the Leningrad Cowboys and Red Army Choir !!!

Don't want to hijack the thread, so not posting links, but check out their rendition of Sweet Home Alabama !!!   :-)

looks like you'll be waiting a while for that one. Going back up again. 

Now at £990, didnt take long [emoji6]

You can thank Mrs May, Boris and the BOE not changing interest rates for that one. Sterling is on the up.

No wonder they got rid of that lying weasel Osbourne

6 hours ago, Element47 said:

Does anybody think the bottom is in of this dip?

under technical analysis: not yet bottomed.

problem is ta can't take into account new occurrences until

trading allows new positions to be formed. some peoples

solution is to try and not catch the actual bottom and buy

across a broader range of the dip.

HH

Archived