• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2022 SOTD sovereign

Touvex

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

How much would you consider fair in this instance?

How can you possibly know ?

I've said I thought that price was a bit high if helping out someone you know is a genuine fellow forum member. I'm happy to discuss anything else on another thread if you make one (please PM or tag me to let me know :) ) but don't want to take this one any more off-topic.

52 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Only trying to help  for me holding 4 (2 of which I've paid more than RRP) of these is no pain what so ever  I have sold RRP to  people before only to watch them sell it on at a profit a few days later.   

Will it help if I put one up for auction tomorrow starting at RRP?  might be a bit of fun for a few hours.  

No criticism intended, or taken I hope :) People can buy and sell for what they want (of course!). I didn't know what you paid, and i didn't ofc know anything about being taken advantage of in the past (very sorry to hear that has been going on, name and shame I say, but that's just me). There's no obligation to help out fellow members here it goes without saying. I don't believe anyone has to justify maximising profit whatsoever (not saying you were doing that either, not at all, just a general point to clarify to others). Hope that's clear :)

48 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Unfortunately, TSF isn’t searchable back to this time in 2018- I would like to reference it- but I distinctly remember a thread whereby the Coin Connection offered the Sapphire SOTD- 650 mintage and all that- and I’m pretty sure you were involved in the enthusiastic discussion- I only remember this as it was my first foray into paying huge premiums for a Bu Sovereign- I thought I was mad at the time- and unfortunately, I still am.

I thought you must of bought one from them too? 

Yes I bought a number and love and always have been very enthusiastic for that coin, I think it's the big winner after 2017 (and now this one). But I most definitely did not pay much over the RRP as I pre-ordered (below RRP) with CC (who I no longer use) and bought more from BNT at a good price. I may have said that I thought it was worth paying more. I am upset by some of your implications here Rich. If you can't get your money back for it (sorry you paid so much more that you regret it) I am sure I can for you.

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Offered £785 and it was rejected......how low are you looking for?  

Think £785 for a bullion sov is mental personally and they’ve never tickled my fancy. 

But from the other side of things these seem to fly out and are in high demand so I think it’s a good price. 

I think a seller has every right to price it at what they want within reason and a £100 doesn’t seem like much when tomorrow people will be flipping 2oz of silver for a lot more profit than that 😂

27 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Yes I bought a number and love and always have been very enthusiastic for that coin, I think it's the big winner after 2017 (and now this one). But I most definitely did not pay much over the RRP as I pre-ordered (below RRP) with CC (who I no longer use) and bought more from BNT at a good price. I may have said that I thought it was worth paying more. I am upset by some of your implications here Rich. If you can't get your money back for it (sorry you paid so much more that you regret it) I am sure I can for you.

Fair enough- The scenario you describe of you saying it might have been worth paying more at the time might be what I vaguely remembered about the discussion- but given the mists of time, and our recollection, we will never know. 

Upset?  No implication was made by me- but perhaps I should clarify,  not sure what you meant by implication(s) surely I didn’t write enough content to make implications?  but let’s leave it there.  

My reference to it been a coin that was pumped is absolutely true- but to clarify, not by yourself.

And I apologise for whatever I said that might of upset you. 

Anyhow, I still own a 2018 Sapphire Jubilee SOTD Sovereign and like you, I think it’s a lovely coin- mines currently at NGC- not the original I bought, I’ve bought several over the years and managed to flip each of them for good profit- I’ll likely keep the one I currently own. 

I sold a 2022 SOTD for £680 and a handled 2022 proof for £455.00. I then got some stick (earlier today) for selling the two coin silver set at auction with the RRP starting price. 🤣🤣🤣

You can NEVER win. Just keep going and smile. Good luck with the sales and purchases. There will ALWAYS be someone who has a contrary view and tell you about it. 

• 2 months later...

Archived