• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Hancrafted silver testing slides

Hancrafted silver testing slides by YouTuber CCT who has now made nearly two thousand of these and distributed them worldwide over the past seven years.

All slides come with comprehensive user instructions. The hardwood and exotic hardood slides use high quality materials including a solid brass hinge and mutli layer lacquer finish.

To be clear and upfront from the off I am listing these on behalf of CCT and will be posted direct from him but all communication and payment will go through me, I will earn a commission from CCT from the sale's, prices and post costs below for the UK but can be posted internationally please pm for a quote.

Granite £25  (2 in stock)

Iroko £35  (out of stock)

English elm £35  (out of stock)

Zebrano £40  (out of stock)

1st class £3.85, 2nd class £3.20 & 1st class signed £4.85

Payment by PayPal friends and family or bank transfer 

IMG-20220129-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0016.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Forgive me but how exactly does this work and prove anything? 

You put a silver coin on it and if it slides slowly it has a high silver content, just one way of checking, not fool proof

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

You put a silver coin on it and if it slides slowly it has a high silver content, just one way of checking, not fool proof

What I wonder is how and why and why is it considered a valid test. I understand how the ramp is supposed to preform but how does it only make silver slide slowly. 

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

What I wonder is how and why and why is it considered a valid test. I understand how the ramp is supposed to preform but how does it only make silver slide slowly. 

its only one of a few tests to help identify if a coin or bar is genuine, it works as underneath the slide surface there will be a band or length of neodymium magnets that work by slowing coins with high silver content and those made of cupro-nickel will almost fall off and those with steel in will stick like a normal magnet works on steel, so a cupro-nickel will slide straight down very quickly and a .999 silver coin will take around 2-3 seconds to reach the bottom  

7 minutes ago, Gordy said:

its only one of a few tests to help identify if a coin or bar is genuine, it works as underneath the slide surface there will be a band or length of neodymium magnets that work by slowing coins with high silver content and those made of cupro-nickel will almost fall off and those with steel in will stick like a normal magnet works on steel, so a cupro-nickel will slide straight down very quickly and a .999 silver coin will take around 2-3 seconds to reach the bottom  

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there were magnets in the strip as I thought magnets didn't affect silver. I'll watch some YouTube vids ect... To get a bit of a better grasp. 

Just now, Mtaybar said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there were magnets in the strip as I thought magnets didn't affect silver. I'll watch some YouTube vids ect... To get a bit of a better grasp. 

If you buy off Martin at Silver Trader he chucks a small one in stuck to the back of the flyer and you can use these to test a coin, tilt it at 45 degrees and let it slide down

Just now, Mtaybar said:

Silver is paramagnetic....has a very slight attraction to magnets hence it sliding slower down the ramp. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

If you buy off Martin at Silver Trader he chucks a small one in stuck to the back of the flyer and you can use these to test a coin, tilt it at 45 degrees and let it slide down

This is my slider, bought off ebay a couple of years ago

slider.jpg

5 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

This is all very fancy and new to me lmao.... It'll be cool to have a bit of silver testing paraphilia knocking about. Not only does it look cool but has practical use as well. I'll be after one of these come payday me thinks. 

When your ready then bud just send me a message 👍

@Gordy thank you for filling in and I'm sure we could work something out 😉👍

Archived