• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tubes!!!

Ukbullionfan

Maybe a silly topic so if not allowed I understand if mods remove.

So I see lots of tubes for say ten coins etc but when you put these coins in the tubes do they fit with capsules too ? So I  got ten 1/4 ounce gold brits all have a capsule will they all fit in there with capsule ? I don’t like the idea of them touching each other jangling around and maybe cause slight marks.

thanks for any reply in advance 

As far as i am aware, if it's a tube from the mint, they only hold the coins in their raw state and wouldn't be big enough to take anything in a capsule (the ones for Britannia's are enough of a pain with just the coins!). I'm afraid i cant advise on what may or may not fit in 3rd party tubes though.

2 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Maybe a silly topic so if not allowed I understand if mods remove.

So I see lots of tubes for say ten coins etc but when you put these coins in the tubes do they fit with capsules too ? So I  got ten 1/4 ounce gold brits all have a capsule will they all fit in there with capsule ? I don’t like the idea of them touching each other jangling around and maybe cause slight marks.

thanks for any reply in advance 

No they wont fit with capsules on sorry.

But they may fit in an old 1oz tube for silver coins, although would likely be loose ( depending on capsule size)

A cheaper alternative would be to line them up and tape together the  wrap in a layer of clingfilm ( boom job sorted) 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Mattshakes said:

Do people keep their hold and silver in same size caps for storage or is that too geeky? 

Would take up more room but its yours to do as you please 👍

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 hours ago, Mattshakes said:

Do people keep their hold and silver in same size caps for storage or is that too geeky? 

Gold and silver bullion coins typically use different size capsules for just the right fit.  So I’m happy to announce that I’m a super geek for using correct size capsules. 😝😆