• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold UK Currency Coins

LittleMan

These are great and many came from the 2002 special set that included gold Maundy money. The 20p is stunning and I have the 5p too. Whether they are buyable depends on price but anyone who has seen them adores them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello LM

Prices in the main, and I would worry about how resalable these coins are. I also have a personal bugbear about the Company's attitude to data protection.

Numistacker likes these coins but not BBP's premium, which I agree with from a collectors view point. As a stacker, there are better more widely recognised coins to hold.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Id love one of these, well either a £1, 20p, 10p, 5p, not so hot on the 2p or 50p for some reason

An everyday coin in gold just seems special 

Trouble is the premiums, just silly

Atkinsons have a few £1 up atm just can't bring myself to pay much above spot

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

No worry on the saleability of these coins. They come up very rarely on eBay and there were 60+ bids fighting to buy. They are a very different and cool choice.. Everyday coins in gold... If anyone has a cheap 2p 1p and 10p let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MikeOxlong said:

Link to the atkinsons? Or are you on about the two sets they have?

They also had a single £1 on its own, can't find it on the site, had to look at my history to find it (had sold)

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-2008-uk-shield-of-the-royal-arms-1-gold

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

7 minutes ago, Kman said:

They also had a single £1 on its own, can't find it on the site, had to look at my history to find it (had sold)

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-2008-uk-shield-of-the-royal-arms-1-gold

the page you're linking to has a live spot-derived  price. assuming they sold it for this, the premium is only 6.6% inc delivery which i think is bloody good for a proof coin in case with coa!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I think it's the one I bought last year for £436.05 and was a around what sovereignsteve has calculated.  Couldn't pass at such a low premium really.

Usually the premiums are higher but every now and again, you can get some good deals from Atkinsons. 

Archived