• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay Selling - Be Careful Out There

@James32 I agree Special Delivery is worth it on everything.

Sold a phone last week. Before sale I had plenty of comms back and forth. Telling me theyd leave feedback after sale. 

Since the sale no comms at all. But due to Special Delivery that was not included I can see its delivered. Tried to reach out again but still no communication. 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

I may be in the minority but I special delivery everything I sell on eBay at personal cost,rather loose £4-5 difference than the whole shebang

you are very special and in the minority lol :P 😂Joking aside i wonder what these people charging £7.50 to ship some of these gothic crowns are really shipping them by.

As i bet most are making huge profits and just throwing them out 1st or 2nd class signed for lol.

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@James32 I agree Special Delivery is worth it on everything.

Sold a phone last week. Before sale I had plenty of comms back and forth. Telling me theyd leave feedback after sale. 

Since the sale no comms at all. But due to Special Delivery that was not included I can see its delivered. Tried to reach out again but still no communication. 🤦‍♂️

Ohh have had plenty of those buyers too😁

Especially on items with best offer, they are very chatty, mate buddy pal much appreciated...then when you give in they dissappear from the planet.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Ohh have had plenty of those buyers too😁

Especially on items with best offer, they are very chatty, mate buddy pal much appreciated...then when you give in they dissappear from the planet.

I've had tons of scammers,would much rather sell on here if its coins etc even at a lower price.

Not that i bother anymore to much hassle :( didn't they put all the fees up to?

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

I've had tons of scammers,would much rather sell on here if its coins etc even at a lower price.

Yeah cut out PayPal fees and tacked it on to their own the greedy bas###ds

I only use the seller offers now and again. Think it's at 13% now normal fees.

Its handy for certain stuff like power tools and electronics though during one of their offers.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Yeah cut out PayPal fees and tacked it on to their own the greedy bas###ds

I only use the seller offers now and again. Think it's at 13% now normal fees.

Its handy for certain stuff like power tools and electronics though during one of their offers.

so what happens if the buyer pays with paypal lol :P another thing i guess you gotta remove from the payment options now then.

Just now, blackadder said:

so what happens if the buyer pays with paypal lol :P another thing i guess you gotta remove from the payment options now then.

No I mean Ebay cut them out meaning PayPal no longer gets a cut. But you can still pay with PayPal and PayPal credit 🤷‍♂️ 

Actually dont know how that part works but I'm certain Ebay get even more of the proceeds as they take care of all payments now and the money turns up in your bank after 2-3days ( at least when PayPal was directly involved and you had a proven record as a seller the money was instant) 

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

Actually struggle ( thankfully) to work out what goes through a scammers head??

How they can sleep at night knowing fine well they have taken advantage of someone to better themselves. 

I'm convinced they all meet a disturbing end though as karma must kick in somehow.

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Actually struggle ( thankfully) to work out what goes through a scammers head??

How they can sleep at night knowing fine well they have taken advantage of someone to better themselves. 

I'm convinced they all meet a disturbing end though as karma must kick in somehow.

Well alot of the stuff on there is aided by ebay,even when you have proof etc etc they side with em.

Example i sold a ghx card on there awhile back,said it was faulty and wanted a refund.Well i knew i was going to get back his old ****ed card.

that old scam.

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Well alot of the stuff on there is aided by ebay,even when you have proof etc etc they side with em.

Example i sold a ghx card on there awhile back,said it was faulty and wanted a refund.Well i knew i was going to get back his old ****ed card.

that old scam.

Rotten s##tes