• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts Platinum 2022 Greyhound Now Available

Pete

The last platinum ( 1 ounce ) in the Queens Beasts series - assuming there isn't a "Completer" to follow - is currently in stock at the Royal Mint.
Bit the bullet, paid the Sheriff of Nottingham his 20% tax, and ordered expecting in a day or so.
I did contemplate pre-ordering from Chards to save a few pounds only, but as they were in stock at the RM I am guaranteed to have it in hand very shortly.

21 hours ago, Pete said:

The last platinum ( 1 ounce ) in the Queens Beasts series - assuming there isn't a "Completer" to follow - is currently in stock at the Royal Mint.
Bit the bullet, paid the Sheriff of Nottingham his 20% tax, and ordered expecting in a day or so.
I did contemplate pre-ordering from Chards to save a few pounds only, but as they were in stock at the RM I am guaranteed to have it in hand very shortly.

Thanks for the mention.

Personally, I would have advised or suggested avoiding the VAT, and buying for storage offshore, but then of course, you don't get to see and touch the coin. 🙂

Chards

Yep, if you want to hold the coin it's pretty hard to get one in the UK without paying high premiums and sales taxes.

Hope you like the coin when you get it, Pete.  Do you have all ten?  Well done if so, and looking forward to seeing some pictures!

I have 3 of them but I would almost certainly by a 1 oz platinum Completer if they do release one.

19 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Yep, if you want to hold the coin it's pretty hard to get one in the UK without paying high premiums and sales taxes.

Hope you like the coin when you get it, Pete.  Do you have all ten?  Well done if so, and looking forward to seeing some pictures!

I have 3 of them but I would almost certainly by a 1 oz platinum Completer if they do release one.

I am missing the Yale of Beaufort ( ditto with the gold QB series ).
I regret not buying them when first released, but the metals had spiked a little and I was waiting for the return to normal but it never happened.
Platinum coins are interesting because they look just like silver but are half the thickness due to the high density of Pt. [ 21.45 g/cm3 vs 10.5 for Ag ]