• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is this gold Queens Beasts Yale of Beaufort coin a fake......?

GreatCoins4U

Well @GreatCoins4U I don't see how anyone could flick or do a ping test for you and convey to you the sound..the only way that could be achieved to your satisfaction is for you and someone with the same coin would be  via a phone call and listening to each others tests, maybe you could do that? If anyone is willing to take your call that is? 

If you are that uncertain about this coin as you appear to be,send it back,get a refund,and purchase another from a bullion dealer.

Regards and best of luck.

9 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Well @GreatCoins4U I don't see how anyone could flick or do a ping test for you and convey to you the sound..the only way that could be achieved to your satisfaction is for you and someone with the same coin would be  via a phone call and listening to each others tests, maybe you could do that? If anyone is willing to take your call that is? 

If you are that uncertain about this coin as you appear to be,send it back,get a refund,and purchase another from a bullion dealer.

Regards and best of luck.

Well my coin makes no sound at all, my sovereigns make a nice crisp clean sound when I flick or ping them.

I was not asking anyone to convey the sound to me, just that if they had 1 of these coins themselves, could they please flick or ping it and then message me to let me know if there is any sound at all on one of these 1/4 oz queens beasts gold coins, I thought it would be a relatively easy thing for someone with one of these coins to do.....? I am not asking anyone to prove the noise to me, just to let me know in a message if there is any noise at all? You don't have to, I don't want to put anyone out, it would just have been helpful for me to determine if it is a real gold coin or not.

Thankyou though for getting back to me anyway

Edited by GreatCoins4U

A sovreign weighs 7.98 g's with a fine gold content of 7.3240 g's.

A 1/4 oz gold coin weighs roughly 7.78 g's with a pure  gold content of 7.776 based on 999.9.

Obviously the sound is going to sound different on the ping and flick test.

Regards

Never mind the sound. Just consider the probabilities: why would anyone go to the trouble and expense of faking this particular coin? It does not show the Lion, the Griffin, or the Dragon, which are, I would think, the most sought-after beasts? And if you were a forger, why not go for broke and forge a 1oz coin with a larger profit margin?  If it is a forgery, why are there not more on the market, which there don't appear to be. If the weight and dimensions are correct, it is most unlikely that you have a forgery on your hands, I submit. I would sleep easy over it. 

5 hours ago, RDHC said:

Never mind the sound. Just consider the probabilities: why would anyone go to the trouble and expense of faking this particular coin? It does not show the Lion, the Griffin, or the Dragon, which are, I would think, the most sought-after beasts? And if you were a forger, why not go for broke and forge a 1oz coin with a larger profit margin?  If it is a forgery, why are there not more on the market, which there don't appear to be. If the weight and dimensions are correct, it is most unlikely that you have a forgery on your hands, I submit. I would sleep easy over it. 

I am fairly sure that you are right, thankyou for getting back to me. I just wanted to ask peoples opinion, they have been very helpful and it is good for me to ask people who work in this industry and who have alot of knowledge + experience about coins and gold and the like. I was just in the mind that because a sovereign makes a noise, I thought that all gold coins were supposed to make a noise, I thought that was the general rule for gold coins. However I messaged afew people on Ebay and someone got back to me and said that there one of these coins makes no noise when they flick or ping it either, so I am fairly sure that it is a genuine, proper authentic coin. It weighs the right amount and is the same size (more or less ) as my other sovereigns and makes a nice noise sound and spins correctly, if you have seen someone spin a gold sovereign coin to see if it is real or not. I really do appreciate all of your help, and I realise that I am a new member so I appreciate you all taking the time and offering me advice and help + everything.

Very many thanks..

Edited by GreatCoins4U