• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beast - no stock !!

Atomic47

After buying the 2oz QB completer I thought I would have sniff around for the others and perhaps work on the set.  Up till now Ive just bought a few bits and bobs that took my fancy

Hardly anything about !! Little to zero stock 😞  And some like the Lion of England are sitting at 121 quid !   *&^iss take. So what gives, have the QB been so popular that they have run out !!

Quite annoying. Is there any point trying to get sets?

11 minutes ago, Atomic47 said:

After buying the 2oz QB completer I thought I would have sniff around for the others and perhaps work on the set.  Up till now Ive just bought a few bits and bobs that took my fancy

Hardly anything about !! Little to zero stock 😞  And some like the Lion of England are sitting at 121 quid !   *&^iss take. So what gives, have the QB been so popular that they have run out !!

you can pick up the lion of england on ebay for 80 odd quid, been watching them recently

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

14 minutes ago, Atomic47 said:

I've got spares of the later QBs but not the Lion or Griffin anymore which are relatively expensive simply because they are hard to get.
Went through a similar experience trying to collect all the Britannia privies when a particular coin was selling for £100 and a year later you could buy for about £25.
Will not happen with the QB series though.

I just sold the Griffin, that was a good price. The others don't seem worth selling as it's a hassle posting  just to make a few £ profit if at all .  I have the Lion of England for much less than the price you quoted .  The rest should be easy to pick up.  

This is a series that has been running for six years and only just come to the end. As the series progressed production of the early beasts stopped so the mintage figures are capped and limited as the series runs its course. Some designs were also more sort after than others , the lion of England , Griffin and Dragon for example .

Just checked German prices. Gosh! Thank God, I am complete with the ten original coins. The Completer is nowhere available, just on pre-sale.

Griffin is about 160€, the other early ones around 90€. Plus postage, that is...

After having recently paid circa £180 each for 10 of the 2 oz proof versions, which were sent back due to poor quality and not getting a replacement until mid to late August, and Royal Mint get to keep my 1800 quid in the meantime! Consider yourself lucky! 😉

Edited by NewCoins