• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

yep was from ebay mate:) i too noticed the mintage and 75000 isnt exactly small, but I thought the condition was great and the square factor interested me for some reason lol.

Let us know what you think of it when you get it buddy.

You done any research into how many of these 1/2oz squares there are?

Stacker since 2013

Nope literally just bought it on a whim, checked it on numista and it had a rareness rating of 92 - apparently that's high but no idea how accurate the system is,  I could not find Perth mint mintage figures on it neither, So possibly part of a set?

I don't have any kook's yet so thought id give one a try. Will report back when it arrives:) design seems very tasteful and condition looks very good so I have quite high hopes for it.

Edited by madhatter

Nope literally just bought it on a whim, checked it on numista and it had a rareness rating of 92 - apparently that's high but no idea how accurate the system is,  I could not find Perth mint mintage figures on it neither, So possibly part of a set?

I don't have any kook's yet so thought id give one a try. Will report back when it arrives:) design seems very tasteful and condition looks very good so I have quite high hopes for it.

I've got that exact coin it is a proof and should come on a card with a hologram type display of the kook.If no card it is still a nice coin for £15.

The actual declared mintage is 35,365

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

A red letter day today.

Daughter has given birth to her second child, our fourth grandchild, and the first boy.

So what do you buy a newly born baby boy ? - Silly question :)  

The year of the horse, mother of pearl insert, mintage of 888, and five ounces. - Much better than a childs ISA  :lol:

post-23-0-70879600-1404750015_thumb.jpg

A red letter day today.

Daughter has given birth to her second child, our fourth grandchild, and the first boy.

So what do you buy a newly born baby boy ? - Silly question :)  

The year of the horse, mother of pearl insert, mintage of 888, and five ounces. - Much better than a childs ISA  :lol:

Congrats...............from a fellow Grandad.  :D

2 x 2014 one ounce Pandas in hand. I had an itch and wanted to buy something. I paid up but happy to get my first Chinese coins.

Nice one Dr. I have to say, the 2014 panda has really grown on me.

What do you think?

Stacker since 2013

Ye, I like it a lot. I'm surprised at the quality of the finish - top notch. They are in unusual capsules that have like a concave top and bottom (so they rock on a flat surface) is that normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I like them. Good for display and feeling. Bad for stacking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They'll stack nicely into an air-tites tube.

I need to slow the hell down, today and yesterday I added 18 troy oz of sterling silver jewellery and table spoons, and I cant even afford it. I think I have a shopping addiction! :mellow:  at least its a asset with intrinsic value though not just material stuff. 

222 grams sterling spoons

post-117-0-13385700-1405090233_thumb.jpg

92 gram sterling chain

post-117-0-13158000-1405090276_thumb.jpg

81 grams sterling

post-117-0-78665300-1405090327_thumb.jpg

65 gram sterling

post-117-0-48194900-1405090384_thumb.jpg

62 grams sterling

post-117-0-94523100-1405090434_thumb.jpg

mixed usa/canada silver coins

post-117-0-81682900-1405090485_thumb.jpg