• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Mexican central bank reported to suspend production of silver Libertads

sixgun

On the GATA website - another mint shuts down.
https://www.gata.org/node/21033

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

57 minutes ago, Oldun said:

More likely covid...Mexico released alarming figures. Heading towards 1/2 a million deceased (and let’s not debate any conspiracy here please, just reasons why the mint shut down).

Let's not discuss covid or alleged covid numbers here. There is a dedicated thread for this. 

19 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

You link says they suspend the production of silver Libertads, not that the mint shuts down for good or I have missed something?

It's probably because of the lockdowns.

They have shutdown production at the mint - the mint shuts down. 
The reason i highlight this is we have seen problems at the Perth Mint where they have been running a fractional reserve on unallocated silver accounts, the US Mint will shut down ASE production - attributed to changing the coins design. i have seen talk about the Polish Mint having issues.

Now this will be blamed on the scamdemic. That investment demand for silver has taken off and will be even higher this year - this will not be blamed - that is the stuff of conspiracy theories. #silversqueeze.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

They have shutdown production at the mint - the mint shuts down. 
The reason i highlight this is we have seen problems at the Perth Mint where they have been running a fractional reserve on unallocated silver accounts, the US Mint will shut down ASE production - attributed to changing the coins design. i have seen talk about the Polish Mint having issues.

Now this will be blamed on the scamdemic. That investment demand for silver has taken off and will be even higher this year - this will not be blamed - that is the stuff of conspiracy theories. #silversqueeze.

Thanks for clarifying it

Clearly the shortage of silver is due to the scamdemic. Nothing to see here. Just us conspiracy wack jobs.

Oh wait a minute.....
i did hear that Perth has been bailing out the Crimex - hence they have no silver.

23 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Let's not discuss covid or alleged covid numbers here. There is a dedicated thread for this. 

Do you evr bother reading what people write ? Now I know why I don’t frequent this site anymore. Have it your way.

51 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Do you evr bother reading what people write ? Now I know why I don’t frequent this site anymore. Have it your way.

If you can't see the difference between what I wrote and what you wrote, it is entirely up to you. You shouldn't project your unwillingness or incapability to make that distinction, on me - but - I will try to make it clearer for you:

You wrote, please no conspiracy views, to which I politely tried to give a hint - if you don't want to hear other people's position on Corona in this thread, then you shouldn't state your view on it.

I have tried to give you what I thought would be clear hint, by choosing a wording that we all can agree on - the mint shut down is due to the lockdowns. It was the path laid out to fulfil your wish you keep this subject out of this thread, something we could easily agree on and go on without brining up this subject in this thread again and to politely let you know to stick to what you demand from others. Obviously, it wasn't clear enough. Thus, even clearer:

You can't have a take-for-granted approach to your conspiracy denials, insert it in a btw manner and expect not to get conspiracy allegations  as answer on the other. Thus, if you demand no conspiracy theories, you shouldn't state your conspiracy denial opinions either. "yeah I state my opinion but don't you answer back" - then don't state it in the first place!

You don't need to read the Corona thread - and please don't bring it into other threads while you demand others don't.

3 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

You don't need to read the Corona thread - and please don't bring it into other threads while you demand others don't.

To be fair i think Oldun is proposing the problems with Libertads is due to the silver mine / smelter closures due to the scamdemic. 
This is a reasonable idea - there were shut downs starting in April 2020 BUT to my knowledge things got back to quite some time ago.
The cuts in production secondary to the scamdemic have had an impact but this is not the problem. The problem is investment demand both institutional and retail which took off with the March 2020 EFP blow up in London and hasn't abated. There are problems - exemplified by the Perth Mint sending silver to the COMEX and when their own investors want delivery there is no silver in the vaults. Multiple mints are finding they are in a problem.

Some people can't see that - they are just not aware - they believe the paper price of silver is the real value price - there can't be shortages - it isn't a rigged market. 
Some other people know different but we have had these disagreements for several years. 

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

To be fair i think Oldun is proposing the problems with Libertads is due to the silver mine / smelter closures due to the scamdemic.

Obviously he did but by stating his opinion on why there are lockdowns and then asking for other people not to state anything opposing to his opinion. I can see why you don't want this discussion here. Thus my hint to word it in a way we can all agree on - it's due to the lockdowns - that's true whether you think the lockdowns are in place because of an alleged pandemic or because of a power grab of the globalists, aka conspiracy theory.

In nature, there are very clear laws of physics: any action is generating a reaction. The same is in any healthy economic system. A big supply and short demand will generate a low price, but a short supply and high demand should generate a high price.

But today these rules are not applying on PM prices. For everyone is clear that it is another force who is disturbing the healthy reaction of price. 

1. Who?      We can guess.

2. Why?      We can suppose.

3. How strong?      We can feel.

4. How long?      This is the real "One million dollars" question.

I can only hope to be long enough for stackers to accumulate more, but short enough to can enjoy before passing away.

A one second google search would have sufficed instead of gaffawing off.......

The Mexican government this week declared the pandemic as a national health emergency and as a result is forcing all non-essential businesses to close up shop until at least April 30. Silver miners likely are considered non-essential. Some mining and exploration companies have already said they are halting operations.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-04-01/Silver-market-faces-supply-crunch-as-Mexico-curtails-production.html

God forbid the rest of the article gets read.

14 minutes ago, Oldun said:

A one second google search would have sufficed instead of gaffawing off.......

The Mexican government this week declared the pandemic as a national health emergency and as a result is forcing all non-essential businesses to close up shop until at least April 30. Silver miners likely are considered non-essential. Some mining and exploration companies have already said they are halting operations.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-04-01/Silver-market-faces-supply-crunch-as-Mexico-curtails-production.html

God forbid the rest of the article gets read.

Thanks Oldun 👍

this will almost certainly push up prices. Libertads are impossible to source as it is!

Archived