• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts Platinum

xthomasx

Hi all,

just two short topics:

1) I just noticed that one (1) dealer in Germany offers the White Horse platinum coin. Must have been issued under the radar somehow... I checked all the 'Sponsored Banners' in order to have a second opinion about pricing but none of them has it. Any other ideas?

2) It seems mintage figures of RM bullion are hard to come by, at least in recent times. Does anyone know the mintages of Platinum Beasts? Or has some realistic estimates? Would we be talking about hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?

Thanks.

I think the mintages of these coins will be in the low to mid thousands.  I think I saw a figure of 4135 for the platinum Lion but this was a couple of years ago and the RM may have minted more since then, even if they are all dated 2017.

I expect most of the others will have lower mintages than the Lion.

In fact - check this out, this is probably my original source of that Lion figure. Also shows Griffin at 3051 and Dragon at 3020, but the same caveats apply and the RM may have minted more since then:

http://www.predecimal.com/forum/topic/13114-queens-beast-mintage-figures-so-far/?tab=comments#comment-180454

22 hours ago, xthomasx said:

Hi all,

just two short topics:

1) I just noticed that one (1) dealer in Germany offers the White Horse platinum coin. Must have been issued under the radar somehow... I checked all the 'Sponsored Banners' in order to have a second opinion about pricing but none of them has it. Any other ideas?

2) It seems mintage figures of RM bullion are hard to come by, at least in recent times. Does anyone know the mintages of Platinum Beasts? Or has some realistic estimates? Would we be talking about hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?

Thanks.

The Queen's Beasts White Horse coins were under embargo until yesterday, which is why you would not have found much.

We know there is a one ounce platinum version, and a 10 ounce silver version, both of which we intend to stock.

No information anout issue limits yet, or mintages. the RM started treating bullion mintage figures as state national secrets a few years ago.

Chards

I do not get this at all, and once read the rationale was that attention drawn to the bullion issues would somehow take away from the proof issues. I find the  platinum and gold one ounce beasts to be very attractive, much less than the proofs and much nearer to bullion here in the States. I too have wondered about mintages of these. I wonder if there are some hidden scarcities in either series?

Are the RM really allowed to strike bullion coins after the year of issue? I was not aware of this, and if so rather disturbing. 

22 hours ago, DaKine said:

Are the RM really allowed to strike bullion coins after the year of issue? I was not aware of this, and if so rather disturbing. 

I don't know whether they are allowed to, be they clearly do so. You should probably ask them direct, and let us all know their answer.

In any case, think about any mint as a factory. If all the coins they make have to be dated the same year as produced, they would all have to stop production on 31st December every year, remove and destroy all their old dies, fit new ones, then start up again. This would create extra downtime costs, and be hugely wasteful of perfectly good dies.

Each country will have its own set of rules.

If you see a 1925 London Mint gold sovereign, there is about 99% probability that it will have been struck between 1949 and 1951.

Chards

On 23/03/2021 at 10:06, LawrenceChard said:

The Queen's Beasts White Horse coins were under embargo until yesterday, which is why you would not have found much.

We know there is a one ounce platinum version, and a 10 ounce silver version, both of which we intend to stock.

No information anout issue limits yet, or mintages. the RM started treating bullion mintage figures as state national secrets a few years ago.

We have now bought some, but don't know when we will get delivery.

I also don't know how our photographer managed to create this mock-up image:2021elizabethiiqueensbeastswhitehorseofhanover1OZ-PLATINUM-MOCKUP-rev1400.thumb.jpg.a00d4a431e0603b1c056286ae5e70e5c.jpg

Except possibly ESP!

Chards

Archived