• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

STG just listed Perth Mint Crocodile

Danny-boy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013 sales for Australia was just over 5 million ounces.  One million crocs for 2014.  Unless sales of the other coins have risen substantially for this year, the crocs will account for a fair percentage.  It will be interesting to see how these will be available to buy from our usual sources.

Silber-Corner is also selling really fast. 2 days ago they had about 4500 crocs, 1 hour ago they where down to 2500, now 2200. I guess they will be gone before this weekend is over. Maybe they will get som more, but they are selling fast now, thats for sure.

Silber-Corner is also selling really fast. 2 days ago they had about 4500 crocs, 1 hour ago they where down to 2500, now 2200. I guess they will be gone before this weekend is over. Maybe they will get som more, but they are selling fast now, thats for sure.

Stop it, you'll make me buy another tube!!!

Stop it, you'll make me buy another tube!!!

Sorry, but they are selling fast.  ^_^

Anyway, it wont be the last chance to buy it of course. They will be around, but maybe premium will begin to rise a little bit. And the most popular dealers might sell out soon. If this is the first coin in a new series i think it can have a good chance in the future and since spot is down below $20 it´s a good time buying silver anyway, well i think so. I´m impressed that Perth Mint got orders on all coins so fast and it seems to be a hit around the world, not only here in Europe.

I think the croc is popular because it's a new bullion line from a well respected mint.  Kooks, Koala, and Lunar are all well and good but it's nice to have something on a budget level.  Being from the Perth Mint they shouldn't develop milk spots.

I think the croc is popular because it's a new bullion line from a well respected mint.  Kooks, Koala, and Lunar are all well and good but it's nice to have something on a budget level.  Being from the Perth Mint they shouldn't develop milk spots.

so where the great white shark coins, however they are still being sold amongst dealers, and they only have a mintage of 300k I believe. 

• Founder & Administrator

I am not a fan of the crocodile or the shark coins to be honest. I don't really like the matte finish on coins, and I think those animals are abit aggressive and ugly looking.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

so where the great white shark coins, however they are still being sold amongst dealers, and they only have a mintage of 300k I believe.

The great whites were new but expensive being only 1/2 oz

I am not a fan of the crocodile or the shark coins to be honest. I don't really like the matte finish on coins, and I think those animals are abit aggressive and ugly looking.

I think it is just you and me mate! LOL I completely agree on both coins!

Matte bars: yes. :D

Matte coins: NO.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I would not be to worried about sell out of stock in the short term

Apmex only listed these earlier this week, and for delivery on or after the 6th of June.

Last time I looked live price was £12.95

To the croc-haters : What other coin would you suggest around the same price which will change it's design?

Does it matter? If you'r a collector, collect it if you like it. If you are a stacker, non specific Philharmonics are much cheaper. I would probably add a single to the collection, just to have, sort of thing. I like having one of everything, bullion/numi/semi-numi/some odd shit I found on ebay..... etc. But there is really no shortage of stuff to buy out there. That is the beauty of silver coins..... Some you like, some you don't!

I suppose if you are looking to make a date run collection of something, on a budget, then your point is valid - what else is at this price point that can you collect? Maples change occasionally! lol Have you seen the new 2014 design? Other than that? Can't think of anything off hand.

Still. I don't like the coin. Don't think that means I hate it. An absence of like does not equal hate! lol :rolleyes:

I suppose if you really wanted to put together some good looking date runs on a budget, collecting half ounce coins would be a good place to start. Not the most cost effective, but we must all run our hobby within the budget we have to spare.

I reckon this could pose a bit of a dilemma to a newbie..... ½ ounce lunar or 1 ounce Crock? Good one! lol

To the croc-haters : What other coin would you suggest around the same price which will change it's design?

Koalas, if just collecting 1 each year the difference is so minimal.

Discounts / Offers

Archived