• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to value my perth Lunar series 2 sets

Myblueheaven

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed a little light or advice on my query.

I have two full sets of the 1oz Perth Lunar 2 series, 1 set in red box, 1 set not, just in plastic capsules.

I am thinking of selling or swapping for sovereigns.

Ive worked out that each set stands me at £384.02

Whats the real value of these sets and if i put them on the sale section do you think there will be any interest in sales or swaps.

I know anything is worth what someone will pay but i have no idea if this has been a good or bad investment by me.

I tend to believe adding sovereigns to my collection would suit me better.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Myblueheaven.

1 hour ago, Myblueheaven said:

I have two full sets of the 1oz Perth Lunar 2 series, 1 set in red box, 1 set not, just in plastic capsules

I am assuming they are BU (bullion) - if that's the case - then you would need to decide on the "market" price that a) you would like and b) what is realistic! price to buyers out there!

By way of example - this is on ebay at the moment - I think its "OVERPRICED" as each ounce would be "effectively" £50 each!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-set-of-12-x-1oz-Silver-Lunar-Coins-Series-2-Perth-Mint/274693505306?hash=item3ff502411a:g:ERMAAOSwg2Rfiglm

Hello and thanks for the response.

They are bullion coins.

After a bit of digging, to buy at Chards etc these coins are worth more than what they stand me.

To collectors i'm not sure.

Spot silver price they are worth less.

Do you have any idea how much i could expect, i'm not greedy just dont want to lose.

Wish would have just stuck to collecting sovereigns, much easier to move on.

Thanks again

as a whole its worth 1 price and split its worth another leaving you 3 options split sell and individual coins, sell the complete sets you'll get less per coin, or work out what you'd be happy taking for them sovereign wise and try for an exchange good luck 

In my experience you are probably able to gain a little bit extra selling the coins individually.
You think someone will pay more for a complete set but these buyers often expect a discount.
It's luck of timing for full sets but depends also on the asking price.
The Perth Mint Lunars is a nice set of silver to own.

This series is just a little above bullion IMO. I think they are worth about £380 - £400 a set. None of them are rare in any sense, all having a mintage of 300k. They don't seem to continued their popularity as on the whole the designs aren't as good as series 1.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

SS just beat me to it I'd say the same around £400 only 1 coin seems to make £5 or so more than the others & that's the tiger, so IMHO it wouldn't really be worth selling them individually. 

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived