• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Surprise Inflation - Gold Price Stable?

dicker

6 hours ago, dicker said:

“Surprise jump in inflation”.......I am sure it isn’t just me that this was not a surprise for.  

Perhaps Kman was surprised.

Gold is manipulated. It has been proven right here. Gold is sensitive to real interest rates. 

Inflation + the BoE warning of negative interest rates and gold not taking off. There is something not quite right. We know it. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

Surprised by what part?

It's a clickbait title - FTSE 100 dips as UK inflation records surprise jump

Somehow they worked "records" in there like there's record inflation and they used the word jump to also express a grander velocity

"UK CPI slightly up" is an accurate headline

I've highlighted what the article is referring to and wow, look at that rise.. with brexit and higher oil and a stronger pound it's not likely monetary inflation is it? this tiny amount cpijan.thumb.jpg.f3bad208cc44c15e9d9fa54766ff3e4b.jpg

If there was inflation and gold was going down that's exactly what I'd expect

Do you not bother to read what I actually say or look beyond news headlines? shame

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Now what did i post?

Gold is manipulated. It has been proven right here. Gold is sensitive to real interest rates. 

Inflation + the BoE warning of negative interest rates and gold not taking off. There is something not quite right. We know it. 

i am surprised you aren't surprised b/c it is you who claims deflation is ahead - (not sure how far ahead).
i am otherwise not surprised there is inflation in the data.

You accept there is inflation in the data. i simply and only used the word "Inflation" - nothing about any records.

i said "BoE warning of negative interest rates." 
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/04/bank-england-negative-interest-rate-uk-possibility-but-far-from-certainty

We see in the Guardian article that in the "quarterly monetary policy report....banks and building societies have been given six months to get ready for the possibility that rates might need to go below zero."
This sounds like a warning of negative interest rates.

Inflation + negative interest rates = negative real interest rates which are decidedly bullish for gold and yet today i have seen claims the market is bearish on gold.

Now where was i wrong? What did i say that was wrong?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

What did i say that was wrong?

You expressed I would be surprised I covered why that is incorrect

You accept there is inflation in the data - Are we really going to call a very small move inflation? 

If we are (🙄) is it monetary inflation or other factors like Brexit and rising oil prices because of supply/demand

Inflation + negative interest rates = negative real interest rates which are decidedly bullish for gold and yet today i have seen claims the market is bearish on gold.

Why would they introduce negative interest rates if things are going well and there's a lot of money flowing and that's causing inflation?

I'm going to lay out what I think very simply: the global economy is tethered by a deflationary rubber band, it might pull away, CPI might rise, house prices, everything, there can be some inflation but at some point it's going to get snapped back and things will crash

That's been the story since 2008, well not with dramatic crashes but the global economy being dragged back and unable to pull away and grow as needed 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

What is incorrect is that you say i expressed the idea you would be surprised. i posted perhaps you were surprised. 

Most of what you said i said, i didn't and i see you posted "Do you not bother to read what I actually say or look beyond news headlines? shame
This is quiet funny really.

You have your opinions and theories about the fiat currency system and inflation / deflation. We don't agree. That is fine. Time will prove one of us wrong or even both of us wrong.

i decided i wasn't going to debate this subject further with you b/c there wasn't much point. So i will leave it now. 

Archived